Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Plans and Estimates new, rebuild and upgrade construction projects. Performs Virtual engineering, creates efficient route designs and estimates costs. Allocates fiber. Plans network splicing for coax and fiber optic networks. Obtains/creates access and right-of-way documents. Coordinates permitting and pole applications, joint-trenching, and make-ready for utility poles. Identifies Fiber, FTTH, and Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks and ensures backbone is available for launch or deployment of products.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
· Performs virtual engineering of proposed residential and commercial projects and ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost effective design for construction.
· Provides estimates in an office environment utilizing enterprise supported tools and provides estimates within department +/- % guidelines
· Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs
· Coordinates all processes, communication, accountabilities, and procedures associated with estimates.
· Researches and reviews plans, gathers necessary data and listing material requirements for project
· Able to identify areas of high-interest to Client Business
· Monitors all facets of Estimation across all related Boundary Partners
· Reaches out to other Client locations and Boundary Partners for sharing of best practices, lessons learned, reliability and operational efficiencies.
· Responsible for system integrity across all tools including but not limited to Oracle, GNIS/myWorld, Workflow (TOMS/Optix/BID), ICOMS
· Establishes aggressive timelines for work to ensure projects meet due dates.
· Ability to explain and educate others in fiber and HFC design practices and availability
· Ability to multi-task between multiple enterprise tools and all means of communication.
· Releases addresses as serviceable and notifies other departments of serviceability.
· Able to read and interpret civil engineering drawings and DOT as well as all applicable rules and regulations
· Ability to function as a company representative with other utility and state/local entities
· HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
· Demonstrated analytical, technical problem solving, written and oral communication skills are essential
· Strong customer service skills
· Interacts effectively at various organizational levels and with different audiences (e.g. internal and external customers) across multiple mediums
· AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, Engineering, Electronics, etc.)
· 3 or more years of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Construction and/or Design).
· Prior experience with a mapping platform, GNIS/myWorld preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) and familiarity with billing and ticketing systems (e.g. ICOMs and UET)
· Proficient in managing/updating a Project Management tool (e.g. Optix, BID, and TOMS)
Apply by creating/using account