Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Sr. Network Engineer IV – MIS Department in our Dallas, TX location.
Establish enterprise data network standards, analyze and resolve complex network related problems, and analyze and test all elements of the network infrastructure. Design and implement network solutions based on business requirements. Plans, designs, and implements data network infrastructure components. Coordinates the development and maintenance of procedures, specifications, and standards.
• Evaluates, tests, recommends, and implements specific network solutions.
• Manage assigned network related tasks for projects.
• Perform engineering, design and technical support for customer and internal networks.
• Coordinates with other departments any network changes or activities that could affect them.
• Provide skills-transfer to peers within Network Engineering as required.
• Schedules and coordinates installation and maintenance of software/hardware on the network and ensures compatibility of all communications and computer hardware/software.
• Investigates and resolves problems, inefficiencies, and network performance.
• Provides planning and technical support to determine network business needs throughout the company.
• Participates in ensuring that customer requests via the ticketing system are managed to closure.
• Complies with all standard internal controls and processes.
• Delivers results in support of achieving Service Level Agreements.
• Viewed as technical SME in network analysis, design and engineering.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented monitored to gain the greatest efficiencies.
• Defines, oversees, and participates in the work performed to plan, design, and manage network infrastructure components for effective performance, cost effectiveness, and availability.
• Manages network projects related to technology pilots, conversions, implementations, etc.
• Design of the overall network architecture for clients and/or corporate-wide projects.
• Troubleshoots the most complex network issues as level 2/3 engineering support.
• Establishes network priorities as they relate to the achievement of short and long-term business goals and objectives.
• Full knowledge of the business and architecture of the network.
• Expert knowledge of a variety of network management tools, test equipment, circuits, and routers.
• Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocol stacks and firewall security in an inter-networking environment.
• Knowledge of Quality of Service and experience designing/implementing QoS in an enterprise environment.
• Advanced knowledge in Cisco Network including:
o Cisco switches & routers
o Cisco Wireless
o Cisco Ace - Loadbalancer
• Advanced knowledge in F5 load balancing including:
o F5 AFM
o F5 APM
o F5 GTM
o F5 LTM
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, customer service, communications, and presentation skills.
• Ability to serve as a technical mentor to others and guides less experienced engineers and technicians in resolving complex problems.
• Ability to apply expert knowledge of network engineering to the most complex problems and to direct, train, and guide less experienced engineers
• 8+ years of related enterprise data network experience. Demonstrated project management experience - Desired.
• Experience with Cisco network knowledge as indicated above
• Experience with VoIP and QoS.
• Experience with SNMP Management Tools, PC based tools and products, and MS-Office
• Experience with F5 load balance
• BS Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
• Cisco certifications at CCNP level or higher desired, but not required.
Fujitsu is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
NETWORK Engineer Prescreen:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
8 years experience with data network engineering
Apply by creating/using account