Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
SEARCH Group Partners, a premier recruiting firm, is looking for an experienced Underwriter for one of our clients located in Westlake Village, CA.
The desired candidate will have extensive and current underwriting experience of both Government and conventional loans, including depth of knowledge regarding tax return review and income calculation. This position requires a 'can do' attitude and a strong desire to effectively and expeditiously reach set goals.
Here are a few things you'll likely find yourself doing in this role...
· Manage a portfolio of approximately 24 files per month
· Work with Loan officers, processors, real estate professionals and borrower(s) in order to approve salable, compliant loans for the secondary market
· Review and analyze borrower's financial documents, such as financial statements, tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, sales contracts, settlement sheets, and credit reports to determine credit worthiness and compliance with investor guidelines
· Maintain a reasonable familiarity with all of our existing investor's guidelines in order to assist in restructuring loans from time to time as needed
· Perform underwriting review based on investor, GSE and CFPB guidelines to ensure compliance and salability
· Daily pipeline management of assigned files: This consists of pulling daily reports; managing the daily dashboard; proactive follow up with all parties involved in each transaction; inform and maintain forward progression of the transaction
· Ensure proper fulfillment of SLAs as required per procedure
· Safeguard all sensitive consumer information
· Adhere to all processes and procedures within the company's Sharepoint repository
· Additional duties as assigned from time to time
Here's what you need to have...
· Current experience underwriting FHA / DE and conventional loans (MUST HAVE DE DESIGNATION OR VA LAPP)
· Highly computer literate and able to proficiently use all Microsoft Office products
· Excellent phone/people skills for effective engagement of homeowners and support of loan officers
· Extensive mortgage experience required
· Must pass a credit and criminal background check
· Experience working in a smaller financial institution is a must
This position is Direct Hire and is paying between $ 79,000-$90,000 annually to start with a bonus on top of that.
About SEARCH Group Partners:
SGP provides professional talent acquisition and consulting services. The services we offer include temporary, temporary-to-hire, permanent placement, executive search, consulting, interim management transitions, on-site solutions, outsourcing, talent development and human resources. SGP believes in and understands the importance of investing time into both our clients and candidates. We know what it takes to forge successful, professional, long-lasting relationships and partnerships. We represent an exclusive network of professionals and take the time to get to know every one of our clients and candidates personally.
At SEARCH Group Partners, we celebrate and support diversity and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. In order to comply with federal regulations, we maintain records of the race and gender of applicants. For this reason and this reason only, we ask that you indicate your gender, race and ethnicity. If you do choose to answer these questions, this information will not affect your being considered for employment opportunities for which you are qualified.
Apply by creating/using account