Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Vector Talent is seeking a Senior IT Service Delivery Engineer to support the internal IT needs for one of our banking industry clients in Alexandria, VA. This role will ensure the stability and integrity of in house voice, data, video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks and wide area networks across the organization, planning new application implementations, planning application and hardware refresh cycles and planning executable project tasks. In addition, this position will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Executes responsibilities with respect, loyalty, trust and accountability.
2. Implement best in breed system monitoring solutions as to ensure that resources are properly notified of potential issues prior to their being a notable service impact.
3. Identify, remediate and mitigate any single points of failures discovered in the system design phase or after.
4. Design, plan, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot servers and services to include Exchange, Print Spooler, Electronic Backup, Biometrics, Windows Server Environment, Virtual Servers, Virtual Desktops, remote connectivity services, Active Directory, Symitar core interconnects and server platform, remote email synchronization, and other 3rd party application software.
5. Design, plan, implement, maintain and troubleshoot all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, appliances, telecommunications gateways, UPS systems, and smart power supplies.
6. Design, plan, implement and maintain security related servers, applications, systems
7. Perform security reviews, audits, and vulnerability remediation for the entire infrastructure and its various components.
8. Ensure the execution of and monitoring of an effective and timely enterprise wide patch management.
9. Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot e-mail accounts, virtual and physical faxing, remote access accounts, and remote e-mail synchronization accounts.
10. Ensure network and IP connectivity of all locations across the LAN/WAN, all workstations, all application servers and back-end office infrastructure.
11. Conduct research and make recommendations for network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
12. Manages assigned IT projects as Lead Project Manager or participates as IT Project Lead for external projects using best practice project management methods. Provides project updates regularly to IT Service Delivery Project Manager.
13. Utilize IT helpdesk software to track work requests and to provide timely updates to ongoing work requests.
14. Provide guidance to IT Service Delivery Engineer.
15. Manages vendors and provides updates to IT Service Delivery Project Manager.
16. Draft and train on procedures as assigned.
17. Evaluate and remediate risks associated with phishing, vishing, and denial of service attacks.
18. Plan and lead disaster recovery and business continuity testing.
19. Ensure LAN/WAN, Communications, and Data Center diagrams are created and maintained current at all times.
20. Create and maintain process flow diagrams.
21. Create task lists, testing plans, and project schedules and adhere to these items.
22. Responsible for attending required compliance, regulatory and technical training.
23. Rotates with other team members for on-call duty.
24. Provide support and work after hours and on call 24/7. Must be able to respond to alerts and notifications in a timely manner.
25. Support efforts to further strengthen our overall information security posture.
26. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related academic program. A graduate degree is desirable.
2. Minimum of seven years IT experience in a progressive organization in a network administration or network engineering.
3. Certifications in the area of Microsoft Server Administration and Systems Security required. Cisco certification desired.
4. At least five years hands on experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Print Servers, Microsoft server administration, server virtualization, router/switch configuration and administration, and system security administration required.
5. Two years hands on experience with Firewall administration and desktop virtualization required.
6. BGP routing and encryption experience desired.
7. Excellent understanding and experience with internet, VoIP, and network protocols required.
Excellent knowledge and experience with network cabling and wiring systems, design, and installation required.
9. Excellent knowledge and experience with network traffic analyzers, packet sniffers, and similar diagnostic tools required.
10. Working knowledge of project management methodologies required.
11. Effective vendor relationship management and contract management skills required.
12. Excellent knowledge of LAN/WAN design required.
13. Must possess excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
14. Must possess excellent time management skills.
15. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
16. Must possess excellent project management skills and able to lead large and complex projects.
17. Ability to read and interpret complex technical publications and documentation.
18. Easily able to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
19. Ability to work effectively with staff, vendors, and within cross-functional teams.
20. Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
21. Ability to function in a fast paced environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, fax, copier, telephone, etc.
22. Some travel may be required.
Vector Talent Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age or genetic information.
Apply by creating/using account