Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
At Client, we're focused on finding agricultural solutions for a sustainable future. Twenty years from now, the Earth's population will need 55% more food than it can currently produce. Today, Client works with farmers around the world to approach agriculture holistically, looking across a broad range of solutions including biotechnology, breeding, and advanced analytics.
To make this possible, we build innovative software that accelerates our complete R&D pipeline. Example solutions include real-time streaming analytics from connected devices, mobile data collection and visualization suites, big data genomics repositories, and geospatial computing systems, just to name a few. To build great software, we need great people.
What you will do:
• Demonstrate passion and ownership by embracing all aspects of software development: analysis, development, testing, and deployment.
• Be curious and proactive. Learn something new every day.
• Be ego-less! Ask for help, be willing to admit what you don't know, and willing to receive and give constructive feedback.
• Collaborate closely with team members and business community.
• Think through hard problems and work with a team to make them reality.
• Take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating.
• Develop native iOS applications and frameworks and potentially work on Android apps, backend services, and web applications.
What you should be awesome at:
• Working in a collaborative and agile development environment
• Consuming new technologies with relentless desire
• Customer engagement including ideation, design thinking, and seeking rapid feedback
• Building mobile or web apps in a modern language. Specifically, you should be skilled at one or more of the following:
o Native iOS development using Swift (or Objective-C)
o Native Android development using Kotlin (or Java)
o Back-end service development with languages/frameworks like Node.js, Scala/Akka, Go, or Python
• Detailed technical problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting
• Writing automated unit tests (e.g. using XCTest, JUnit, ScalaTest, Mocha, Jasmine, Chai)
• Relational database design and access (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL)
Bonus points for:
• Open-source contributions or a published web or mobile app we can look at
• Experience with test-driven development
• Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructure platforms
• Cloud-first development experience with automated, continuous delivery deployments
• Microservice design using REST or GraphQL
• Experience working with large data sets
• Experience with geospatial or agricultural domains
• Experience with NoSQL stores (e.g., MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB)
• Experience with search/analytics tools (e.g. ElasticSearch)
• Experience writing other automated tests such as integration, functional, and UI tests
Why you should join us!
• Open workspace promotes collaboration, pairing, and mobbing in a fun, casual environment
• Innovation days, hack-a-thons, networking events, and volunteer opportunities
• Challenging how things are done is not just encouraged, it is expected
• Work with other top-level talent solving a wide range of complex and unique challenges that have real world impact
• Ongoing focus on growth through training (domain and technical) and knowledge-sharing through communities of agile teams
• Diverse tech stack in a forward thinking environment
• We value autonomous, self-organizing teams allowing you to have a real say in what you work on, who you work with, and how you work
• Our environment values your talent over a role or title. Strength of ideas trumps position on an org chart
If you share our values - then this position was made for you!!
- Open due to growth on the team
- New Dev work
- Will sit at North Campus
- Team members have been on the team/community for at least one year and some for 3. Development using agile methodologies, self-organizing culture, highly collaborative interactive with other teams in the platform.
- Extension/Conversion Potential: determined based on performance.
- Open to candidates relocating on their own, the successful candidate would be required to be in STL. No remote workers.
- College degree is preferred. Be sure any and all education is listed on the resume.
- No Certifications are required.
- Bill rate will based on experience.
Interview will be 1.5 hours and must be in person. This will include a technical exercise. Please send the following to any candidates who make it to the interview round:
If a candidate successfully qualifies for an interview we recommend they review the following, this is not mandatory but for someone with little to no mobile experience this would go a long way to determining their drive to learn.
Apply by creating/using an account