Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Education and Training Manager
Even if you're not familiar with our name, you've almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world's favorite snacks, we're passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world.
Why big? Because we're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We're ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What's more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone's point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It's this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
With more than nearly 100,000 employees around the world, we need to make our size work for us. Your human resources skills can help make that happen. You'll partner with business units to create growth opportunities for our talent, building the right enterprise capabilities and, ultimately, a culture that enables us to be competitive ... and also fun.
The Education and Training Manager is responsible for leading the overall training and organization development activities for the plant. Responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of training, leadership development, organization design and development and feedback systems for exempt, non-exempt and hourly.
This person will also lead the IL6S Education and Training Pillar team and working with AM and PM pillars to develop, communicate and implement training systems across the plant. In this role the incumbent will be responsible for the skill assessment and certification process, developing and documenting training programs, developing trainer identification and certification process, and building training facilities within the plant to support both self-directed learning and knowledge transfer processes. This roles works to engrain a learning culture in the plant aligned with High Performance Work System concepts.
• Establish, coordinate and monitor the annual training plan and budget including business, technical, leadership, safety, and interpersonal skill training.
• Manages the Education & Training Pillar (OPL, Skills Matrix, etc.).
• Leads the Integrated Lean Six Sigma (IL6S) Education and Training Pillar ensuring objectives for Phase 1 through 4 are fully implemented and sustainable.
• Participates as a member of the Regional Education and Training pillar, networks with other sites to determine current best practices and share learnings.
• Acts as the point of responsibility working with the Ernst and Young consultants group and transfers training to the operators.
• Serve as primary lead with Line of the Future training coordination, transference of materials throughout remainder of facility, and network with other sites to provide guidance and strategies identified and successfully executed.
• Manage execution and quality delivery of change across the programs assigned to this role – incorporating everything from the initial change impact assessment and stakeholder alignment through to delivery of training, communications and other change interventions to help achieve our desired change outcomes.
• Ensure program leadership provide change sponsorship as required.
• Oversee, co-ordinate and provide thought-leadership to project team colleagues supporting the change initiative.
• Establish and measure change KPIs for the program.
• Create consistency in key messages between projects, as appropriate, and deliver high-quality direction to end users.
• Manage site communications, including development of a communication strategy & execution model.
• Be an active member of the plant team; sharing learning, expertise and coaching to develop others.
• Proactively use involvement in programs to build "change ability” across teams to help drive our overall change capability building strategy; this will be done through modeling appropriate change behaviors and actively engaging program teams in the change management process.
• Conducts and facilitates internal plant training initiatives. Coordinate with Region support for corporate initiatives.
• Coordinate the efficient use of training, training materials and Organization Development expertise/resources within the plant.
• Supports Quality, Safety and HR in site training requirements.
• Guide and execute the Leadership Development process across the plant.
• Manages and Coordinates the Hourly Training Programs including OJT to determine effectiveness.
• Assure required training is flagged and scheduled when required.
• Ensure strategic initiatives include effective change management strategies.
• Bachelor's Degree required in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
• 5 or more years of training experience is required
• Manufacturing experience is required for this role
• Experience in a unionized facility is preferred
• TPM or Lean experience is preferred
• Broad education and experience with the emphasis in Business Administration, Business Management or related fields is required
• Executive ability to direct the activities of other
• Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral) – ability to assist managers in writing logical, well thought out disciplinary memos and performance plans
• Knowledge of company products, processes, policies and operating procedures is required
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply by creating/using an account