Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Top 3 things in an ideal candidate:
1) Customer Focus
2) Customer Service
3) Technical Aptitude
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we're a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to part of technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentor-ship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in IT that changes lives.
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
A DAY IN THE LIFE
• Resolve client technical issues:
o Provide in person, phone, or electronic technical support as appropriate for software (internally developed applications, productivity applications, computer operating systems, and internet applications) and hardware (printers, desktops, laptops, drivers, monitors, and MHDs).
o Determine effective resolution of issues by troubleshooting and analyzing computer system errors of moderate to difficult scope where analysis of situations or data require an in-depth evaluation
o Isolate and determine root cause of technical problems escalated from the Service Desk based on client input, Service Desk analysis, and remote management technology
o Determine business impact of problem based on Business Unit criteria
o Interact with internal and/or external escalation resources to resolve complex technical issues
o Answer questions surrounding the installation, usage, and training on hardware and software products.
o Record pertinent information about all incidents and resolutions to ensure client satisfaction
• Support PC deployment and end user move/add/change (MAC) processes including new PC setups, workstation configurations, PC reimaging
• Acquire and maintain knowledge on newly purchased and existing supported desktop software, hardware, and systems
• May assist with the testing of new or upgraded PC software and hardware releases as requested
• May work on projects or tasks to develop and/or address process improvements, customer service, training, knowledge transfer, reports, and documentation
• May coordinate communication and troubleshooting to determine impact of major system outages which effect the entire organization
• Participate in acquisitions & integrations as required:
o Assist with PC deployments at remote sites
o Educate new partners about IT processes and applications
o May lead the migrations and knowledge transfer to local resources
o May train business unit leaders and escalation partners on service level agreements
o May travel to assist remote business units with desktop service requests during migration of business units into Shared Services
• Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by Management
MUST HAVE (Minimum Qualifications)
• Bachelor's Degree
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years of IT experience with a Bachelor's Degree or some IT experience with an advanced degree
NICE TO HAVE
• Dell hardware certifications
• A+ Certification and/or any Microsoft Certified Professional from the MCSE track
• ITIL Foundation Certification
• Experience using or supporting the following applications and technologies:
o Windows 7
o Windows 10
o Virus Protection
o Desktop Encryption (i.e. DDPE, BitLocker)
o Microsoft Outlook 2003 & 2010
o Microsoft Office 2003 & 2010
o Office productivity tools
o Conferencing and Audio/Visual technologies
o Remote desktop management tools
o Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange
o Active directory administration
o Virtual private network
o Mobile Handheld Devices –BlackBerry, iOS devices, Android devices
o Mac OS X
o Mac Book
• Customer service: Service mindset, dedication to meeting customer needs, supporting the ability to respond quickly, competently and patiently to client requests.
• Communication: Excellent oral and written communication, ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Knowledge: Applies advanced in-depth knowledge of Desktop Support and broad knowledge across IT.
• Problem-solving: Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned. Resolves technical problems that originate by telephone in a call center/help desk environment. Uses expertise in customer service and technical knowledge gained from previous experience to resolve issues surrounding the installation, usage, and training of customers on software and/or hardware products. May work with technical, sales, customer service or marketing staff to resolve recurring problems and issues with products. Provides technical support to users for either PC, server or mainframe applications and hardware. Answers questions regarding system procedures, online transactions, systems status and downtime procedures. Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development in order to restore service and/or identify problems. Maintains a troubleshooting tracking log ensuring timely resolution of problems. Recommends systems modifications in order to reduce user problems. SPECIALIST CAREER STREAM: Typically an individual contributor with responsibility in a professional discipline or specialty. Delivers and/or manages projects assigned and works with other stakeholders to achieve desired results. May act as a mentor to colleagues or may direct the work of other lower level professionals. The majority of time is spent delivering and overseeing the projects from design to implementation while and adhering to policies, using specialized knowledge and skills normally acquired through advanced education (typically University). DIFFERENTIATING FACTORS Autonomy: Established and productive individual contributor. Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments. Organizational Impact: Sets objectives for own job area to meet the objectives of projects and assignments. Contributes to the completion of project milestones . May have some involvement in cross functional assignments. Innovation and Complexity: Problems and issues faced are general, and may require understanding of broader set of issues or other job areas but typically are not complex . Makes adjustments or recommends enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area. Communication and Influence: Communicates primarily and frequently with internal contacts . External interactions are less complex or problem solving in nature. Contacts others to share information, status, needs and issues in order to inform, gain input, and support decisionmaking. Leadership and Talent Management: May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and / or employee in Support Career Stream. Required Knowledge and Experience: Requires practical knowledge and demonstrated competence within job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Requires a University Degree and minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience.
Apply by creating/using an account