Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Summary: Responsible for the coordinated management of multiple large-scale, critical or complex projects. The Senior IT Project Manager (PM) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of project work to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within the constraints of the budget, schedule, and stakeholder expectations. Monitors progress according to plan, identifying and coordinating resolution of issues, reporting progress and escalating problems when necessary. Communicates project status updates to stakeholders, including senior management. Key Functions/Responsibilities:
• Coordinates and manages activities of a large project team, controlling the indirect management of resources and schedules to ensure timely completion.
• Works on multiple diverse projects of significant size, scope, and complexity. Performs project management tasks including drafting project documents, establishing and facilitating meetings of cross-functional workgroups and project steering committees, overall project coordination, including planning and sequencing work, setting milestones and deadlines, assigning responsibilities and providing status updates.
• Responsible for identifying project risks and creating and implementing contingency plans.
• Identifies and works to resolve issues and obstacles, escalating where necessary for resolution to business owner and/or IT Lead.
• Responsible for adhering to and communicating project change management.
• Responsible for project budgeting including project cost tracking for assigned projects.
• Provides input into BMCHP's project management process and project templates and works within the project governance process.
• Has responsibility for ensuring the completion of project deliverables as specified in BMCHP's SDLC process.
• Leads system projects by managing all stages of the systems development life cycle.
• Applies solid understanding of prevailing, methods, principles, and techniques of a System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in a single technical area or business function.
• Performs post implementation activities, including transition plans, lessons learned and project close-out.
• Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
• Mentors and educates more junior Project Managers.
Qualifications: Education Required:
• BS in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and experience. Preferred/Desirable:
• PMP Experience:
• 7-10 years related experience implementing complex information systems and a background in managed healthcare or insurance operations required. Experience managing projects with business and technical components is preferred. Certification or Conditions of Employment:
• Pre-employment background check Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
• Demonstrated competence using MS tools, including MS Office products, MS project, and Visio.
• Proven ability to manage project deliverables on schedule.
• Ability to understand and interpret a situation, and suggest a solution based on logical reasoning.
• Working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle and PMI project management best practice.
• Must be able to utilize analytical skills to interpret a situation, and suggest a solution based on logical reasoning.
• Ability to build successful relationships and manage expectations with IT and the business, and is capable of managing strong personalities
• Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and oral communication skills, ability to maintain transparent and open communication with team members, the Business, and IT Senior Management. Has the ability to give and receive feedback.
• Is able to successfully negotiate or re-negotiate project scope, resources, timelines, and budgeting.
• Must have the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities. Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Apply by creating/using an account