Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Senior (Sr.) Compensation Specialist involves developing, implementing and administering compensation policies and programs. Reviews job evaluations requests and proposals, and provides advice on job evaluation, position management, and position salary-setting.
The Sr. Compensation Specialist uses skills and experience as a seasoned professional with a comprehensive understanding of compensation concepts, resolves complex issues in imaginative and practical ways where analysis of situations and data requires a review of a variety of factors. General instructions may be provided on new assignments and initiatives.
The Sr. Compensation Specialist supports strategic and operational compensation programs pertaining to assigned organizational areas through the performance of job evaluation and classification of new and existing jobs; participates in the implementation of career tracks; functions as a subject matter expert on classification; interpretation of policy and guidelines for managers as they relate to compensation pay practices; participation in the implementation and administration of an organization-wide market based pay program within an assigned area of responsibility, and analytical analysis for compensation programs and initiatives from OP or Client based campus programs.
COMPENSATION UNIT / CAMPUS HUMAN RESOURCES
The Compensation Unit in Campus Human Resources (HR) focuses services in the areas of: organizational strategic planning for compensation and rewards programs; the development, planning and execution of job evaluation, salary administration and rewards and recognition programs; the negotiation and management of compensation programs under collective bargaining agreements; and in partnership with the AP/HR shared services staff, delivers client-focused consultation and training in support of effective administration of compensation and rewards programs.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Five years of experience in human resources analysis with a strong emphasis on compensation administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of the compensation, strategies and programs as well as general knowledge of other areas of human resources
• Strong computer skills to utilize the tools necessary to conduct the comprehensive, detailed analysis
• Knowledge and ability to develop and implement compensation programs for client and understands how they and other initiatives may impact various areas of human resources
• Well-developed analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations as well as effective written and verbal communication skills to convey findings and recommendations clearly and concisely
• Strong interpersonal skills to interface with business units and other areas of human resources
• Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and changing priorities and a strong commitment to timeliness and service delivery standards
• Demonstrated ability to manage conflict and maintain a solutions-oriented approach to resolving problems
• Certified Compensation Professional
• Experience with market pay surveys and market pay programs
Apply by creating/using an account