Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Summary: Functions as the liaison for hospital staff, PCP, other healthcare team members and organization staff telephonically. Educates network providers on Plan benefits and network services. Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of the developments in medical technology, and legislation pertinent to managed care settings, patient rights, safety regulations and organization's contractual and organizational specific requirements. Key Functions/Responsibilities:
• Determines the medical necessity of the acute inpatient, skilled nursing, and acute rehabilitation stays according to established criteria and telephonically coordinates transfers to participating facilities according to certain factors, such as patient condition, and network resources.
• Monitors patients' lengths of stay and documents pertinent clinical information for cases referred to Care Management or Plan Medical Director, within required timeframe guidelines.
• Identifies and manages those members who do not meet Hospital Level of Care (HLOC) per BMCHP policy, while notifying appropriate providers of the specific cases and maintaining documentation.
• Conversion of Hospital Level of Care admissions to Administratively Necessary Days or Observation status.
• Anticipates member's post discharge needs and is proactive in conducting preadmission reviews for admission to skilled nursing facilities and acute rehabilitation facilities. (Note: New HampClient processes will need to be followed regarding lower levels of care.)
• Assists providers in effectively providing inpatient discharge planning
• Participates in or leads clinical quality projects along with the Division of Medical Assistance and New HampClient quality goals.
• Provides mentoring and guidance to Inpatient UM Specialists to ensure timely discharges, RC2 Upgrades and High Cost Referrals.
• Refers to CM any member that meets the established guidelines. Supervision Exercised:
• None Supervision Received:
•General supervision is received weekly.
Qualifications: Education Required:
• Bachelors Degree in Nursing or Nursing School Degree with equivalent relevant work experience. Preferred/Desirable:
• CCM certification. Experience Required:
• 3 years related experience in an acute care or health insurance environment.
• 2 years experience with pre-authorization, utilization review/management, case management, care coordination, and/or discharge planning. Preferred/Desirable:
• Experience in acute care and/or rehab nursing. • Experience with Medicaid recipients and community services.
• Experience with FACETS, CCMS, InterQualTM or other healthcare database. Certification or Conditions of Employment:
• Current MA state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
• Pre-employment background check. Competencies, Skills, and Attributes: • Bi-lingual preferred.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization as well as with external contacts.
• Demonstrated strong organization and time management skills. • Able to work in a fast paced environment; ability to multi-task.
• Experience with standard Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Outlook and MS Word, and other data entry processing applications. • Strong analytical and clinical problem solving skills. Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position. • Fast paced office environment. • Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required. No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Apply by creating/using an account