Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Big Data Cloud Analytics Engineer
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Bayer Crop Science’s mission is centered on finding agricultural solutions for a sustainable future. So many people, from all walks of life, depend on reliable access to a balanced meal. As such, we approach agriculture holistically, looking across a broad range of solutions from biotechnology, breeding to advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics, collaborating with a wide variety of people with different perspectives – in order to address the challenges associated with feeding a growing population.
What you will do:
• You will be part of the Engineering Platform Group for Bayer Crop Science that is responsible to run data driven analytics at scale and integrate analytics with product platforms across Bayer Crop Science
• Partner with business stakeholders to help architect and build a data transformation pipeline that serves hundreds of billions of data points on our platform leveraging global scalability and shared services of AWS, GCP and Azure
• Co-engineer solutions with the data science teams to build models thinking scale ahead, integrated with a provisioned infrastructure to serve data via APIs and streams to integrate analytics with product platforms
Experience and what you should be awesome at:
• 5+ years of software development experience in distributed systems and building large-scale applications
• Extreme programming fluency with one or more of the following languages Java, Scala, R , Python.
• Leverage open source data processing technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Presto, Spark, Cassandra and Neo4J in our infrastructure. Familiarity with file formats such as Avro and Parquet is a plus
• In-depth understanding to instrument infrastructure as code via CFN templates, Ansible, container orchestration via Docker, ECS, Kubernetes in the cloud
• Independent, self-starter, strong communication, collaboration and mentoring skills
• Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Associates degree plus 5 years of experience in Computer Science or other related field; or BS Degree
Bonus points for:
• Agriculture, genetics, bioinformatics domain knowledge
• Operations Research modeling platforms such as IBM ODME
• Experience with search/analytics tools such as ELK, Solr
- Experience with remote sensing and imagery analytics
• Knowledge of AI and Deep Learning domain and exposure to CloudML, TensorFlow, Theano, Neon etc
Why you should join us!
• Opportunity to utilize and contribute back to open source stack
• Open workspace promotes collaboration and pairing in a fun, casual environment
• Innovation days, hack-a-thons
• Networking events and volunteer opportunities
• Ongoing focus on training (domain and technical) and knowledge sharing through communities of agile teams
• An environment that values your talent over a role or title
If you share our values - then this position is made for you!!
- The positions are open due to growth on the team.
- Looking for strong AWS or GCP (Google Cloud Platform) experience – do not submit if the candidates is only big data. Must have at least 2 years of AWS experience.
- They will work within a small team focused on a project. There is a lot of collaboration across several IT platforms as well as businesses.
- Team Culture: Team of focused engineers that self-motivated. There is high level of communication and they are always looking for solving problems in an innovative and efficient way.
- Must Haves: Lots of initiative and drive to be technically excellent, ability to learn new tools and technologies through research.
- Long term plan: For the right candidate there will lots of opportunities to learn and move around in projects and technology stacks of their choice.
- What will stand out to candidates: Fast paced and opportunity to learn open source technologies to add to their resumes
- This work is towards building the Analytics platform for all of Bayer Crop Science. Most of it is new development. They will also support what they build as they go.
- Soft Skills: Need someone who is fluent and articulate when talking about both technical as well as business problems. Someone who shows enthusiasm and understands the value of work being done
- Open to candidates relocating on their own but preference is local candidates
- Interview process: Half hour of phone screen and if they do well then a 2 hour of technical interview where they will be writing code
- Location: will sit at North Campus
- Can work remotely if they have prior experience working remote. Be sure to include whether or not the candidate will relocate or work remote on the resume.
- max bill rate: $120/hr to Bayer
Apply by creating/using an account