Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Enterprise Data Steward
The successful candidate will collaborate with Client's regional business data stewards, enterprise data stewardship colleagues, and enterprise data asset leads to analyze, design, and deliver enterprise data capabilities that solve business problems and enable new insights across all business units and regions. The candidate must understand business objectives/initiatives, partner with multiple teams to analyze regional data business capabilities, and support the IT strategy on an enterprise level. The role of the Enterprise Data Steward ensures that the enterprise data designs and solutions fit within IT governance guidelines. The Data Steward possesses functional domain knowledge, data analysis and communication skills necessary to successfully interact with both business partners and IT delivery teams, and influence the formation and adoption of enterprise data assets and solutions.
• Resident domain expert in data for one or more functional areas such as Sales & Marketing, HR and/or Supply Chain, including regional data sources and business processes, and enterprise data assets and products.
• Accountable for data quality, definition, production, and usage of Enterprise data assets.
• Profile data to identify gaps/problems and recommend viable options to resolve.
• Work collaboratively with application development teams, stakeholder groups, and regional hub stewards to translate data requirements into engineering requirements.
• Create artifacts and documentation used by application development and the asset teams to create or enhance data flows from source systems to asset derived API's, Kafka topics, and Postgres databases.
o Document aligned business & asset metadata definitions available within the asset.
o Document data validation criteria and test results.
• Build strong relationships with data asset teams, product managers, business architects, business teams and business data stewards to drive asset adoption and asset development/enhancement.
• Conduct demonstrations in partnership with asset engineering teams to teach broader organization how to leverage data assets.
• Prioritize work to drive adoption within projects and business units to ensure successful delivery.
• Identify data quality and integration problems and develop corrective action plans.
• Desired experience in data related projects.
• 7-10+ years experience in IT – Customer MDM (Master Data Management), HR, Supply Chain or Commercial areas
• Experience with light data modeling and data analysis.
• Understanding of ERP systems - ECC 6.0 modules (FI/CO/HR/ SD/Vistex), Salesforce CRM, and integration with third-party applications.
• Experience working with Business teams/Product Management/Platform teams to drive engagement.
• Experience in SQL and Database Management concepts. (Data query experience with Oracle, Teradata, Postgres, or Neo4J databases.)
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to grow relationships with key partners.
• Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations with self-motivation.
• Ability to use critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with others.
• Ability to prioritize work with multiple teams to ensure product usability, acceptance, and on-time delivery.
• Ability to lead by influence and drive change.
• A track record of working within a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
• Experience as part of an agile organization with a strong understanding of agile development, continuous deployment, and DevOps.
• Demonstrate technical skill sets and ability to expand as needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following: R, Python, Java, Scala.
• Significant understanding of service formats/REST APIs.
• Experience with cloud data technologies like AWS MapReduce and EFS and the ability to navigate through their various service offerings.
• Ability to evangelize technical global architecture principals, within the organization, to a wide audience with various levels of technical acumen.
what would be some of the things/tasks which this person will be doing in, say, first 4 to 6 weeks?
This project we are currently working on is to deliver an MVP of a new canonical data model that supports a globalized data structure that will allow 'customer analytics' to be run at an enterprise level. As we are in development of the MVP, we are expanding our data Client, profiling, gap analysis per country to fit to the canonical data model. This steward will drive the analysis of incoming data samples from regional source systems, interpret information from the hub stewards and recommend canonical modeling adjustments needed from the (MVP) – while keeping the asset strategy. Steward would be assigned tasks to complete work milestones for the project. These milestones are important to stay on track as they feed prioritized sprint work of the asset dev team. Milestones are Discovery: Collecting key business rules for Data ingestion and validation; identify source tables, review data profiling results, update model including reference data, complete mapping from source to avro schema, review with and sign off required from hub, business, and asset. Then as the dev team works on the delivery, be SME and advisor as a 'country SME' with an enterprise view. Will be required to assist in writing Test cases (TC), sitting with Hub steward and executing TC, partnering with dev team on expected vs. test results for risk assessment and if remediation/fix is needed. Other: actively participate in Agile ceremonies and drive the particular country assignment through the project.
how big is the team and how many Data Stewards are on the team?
Scale of team: CU360 EDS team is currently 10 people, 6 are on this project and we are looking to add at least 2 more. With Bayer integration and this commercial project, we have work (high level) planned for the next 2 years. Prioritized active defined work out 6 – 12 months out at all times.
Apply by creating/using an account