Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Financial Analyst I
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing customer credit reports, financials, industry news, as well as apply his/her own knowledge and experience to perform financial ratio analysis to identify trends, and set the recommendation of new or adjustments to existing credit limits with the goal to maximize collections and minimize past due balances. Perform, at minimum, yearly financial credit reviews on existing customers to maintain credit limits aligned to the customer credit worthiness in adherence to Sarbanes Oxley internal control procedures. The Financial Analyst is also responsible for the independent daily review of pending orders that have failed the credit limit check, preparation of the required documentation of holds or releases, and timely notification to the assigned Accounts Receivable Manager, Accounts Receivable Specialist, Sales and Customer Operations of the held order. Perform regular analysis and review of the customer past due status, payment history and credit worthiness to release held orders as applicable. Serve as a primary, knowledge based resource to the Accounts Receivable Lead in the areas of Customer Master, Credit Processing, SPS/PSS/UPS 3rd party relationships and cash application to analyze potential solutions to issues, troubleshoot, reconcile differences, and identify, test and implement efficiencies through automation to reduce or eliminate manual processes. The Financial Analyst will have regular internal contact with Client employees at all levels, Customer accounting departments to obtain financials on non-publicly held organizations, as well as our 3rd party (3PL) partners. The Financial Analyst will also be expected to meet all month/quarter/year end deadlines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Percentage of Time
1. Review credit reports and financials. Perform financial ratio analysis to recommend new or adjust existing credit limits. 40
2. Review and release or hold of customer orders based on past due, credit limit, and overall credit worthiness of customer account. 25
3. Troubleshoot, analyze potential solutions to issues, reconcile differences and identify areas for improvement via automation in the Customer Master, Credit Processing, and 3PL partnerships areas. Lead the effort to test and implement solutions. 20
4. Responsible for meeting all month, and quarter end deadlines, including but not limited to the quarterly POD project. 10
5. Guide the team as a key resource and back-up to the Lead, Accounts Receivable. 5
6. Follows Client Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures.
7. Other projects and duties as required/assigned
Education Required: Undergraduate BA/BS degree in applicable discipline
Education Preferred n/a
Experience Required: 5 years of related experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed: n/a
Functional Knowledge: • Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, vlookup) required. Oracle and SAP experience preferred.
• Solid knowledge of financial statements, liquidity ratios, trend analysis
Company/Industry Related Knowledge: • Pharmaceutical Industry experience
• Knowledge of the customer base
• General knowledge of global Client organization.
1. Analytical / Technical Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems, making rational decisions, based on available information
2. Problem solving Ability to identify and anticipate issues / trends and develop and implement effective solutions, taking the initiative to escalate problems/issues when needed
3. Organization and Planning Detail oriented with ability to effectively manage time, prioritizing workload to meet changing demands
Apply by creating/using an account