Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The Sr. AR Specialist will be part of the AR Collections/Deductions Team and will be assigned to a specific complex, high volume, key customer portfolio. The Sr. AR Specialist will represent Client to the customer, responsible for the entire customer relationship from Order to Cash. The Sr. AR Specialist will be expected to be the Subject Matter Expert on their assigned key customer and respond accurately and efficiently to Management requests related to this customer. They are required to be analytical, proactive, identify trends, anticipate issues and provide innovative solutions to those issues. They will also be expected to assist and guide the various AR Specialists based on their expertise. This responsibility encompasses maximizing timely collection of all open/due invoices, expediting documentation (Invoice copy, Proof of Delivery etc.) as needed by customer, leveraging pending orders to obtain payment, reviewing and resolving all deduction balances, including Chargebacks, and prompt escalation of all issues on assigned customer portfolio(s). This includes timely review of Collection Lists, Aging Reports and new deduction claims, obtaining supporting documentation when not on file, identification of deduction reason, and distribution of debits to external departments for review when applicable. In addition, the Sr. AR Specialist is responsible for matching open deductions against open credit memos or unapplied cash and analyzing / reconciling any variances, ensuring timely and effective collection efforts are initiated when a customer deduction is deemed invalid and updating collection efforts in claim management system in accordance with department deduction review process. In addition, the Sr. AR Specialist will be expected to Collaborate with the Cash App/Customer Master team to resolve unidentified payments and or master data issues, as well as meeting all month and quarter end deadlines including Cash Forecast information by customer, and the quarterly Revenue Recognition project. This position has internal contacts with sales staff and external contact with customer accounts payable and receivables departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Percentage of Time
1. Provide timely review of Collection Lists, Aging Reports and Deduction Claim Reports to identify trends, and specific items to be addressed with customer related to past due invoices, and deduction claims. Thorough review of supporting documentation to identify deduction reasons and issues preventing payment. Anticipate issues, be proactive, and analyze root cause and solutions. Take necessary action to insure that both collection and deduction issues are resolved timely. Escalating aged and problematic invoices and disputes when applicable. 45
2. Ensure thorough review and reconciliation of deduction variances deemed invalid and initiate collection efforts. Ensuring timely follow-up and effective tracking/updates in the claim management system in accordance with current deduction review process. 25
3. Perform account maintenance to identify any potential credit to debit correlations, and submit for offset when applicable. Direct debit memos to appropriate external departments for research validity and conduct periodic follow ups for resolution status. 20
4. Timely response to customer, external departments, and management inquiries, ensuring effective and thorough communication. 5
5. Responsible for meeting month-end and quarter-end deadlines. 5
6. Follows Client Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures. 1
7. Other projects and duties as required/assigned 1
Education Required: Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business or related discipline.
Education Preferred Associate Degree
Experience Required: • 5-7 years Prior collection and deduction resolution experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
• Prior utilization of advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, vlookup) throughout work history
Experience Preferred: • Minimum one year prior Accounting experience
• Minimum one year prior Chargeback experience
Specialized or Technical Knowledge Licenses, Certifications needed:
Functional Knowledge: • Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, vlookup) required. Oracle and SAP experience preferred.
Company/Industry Related Knowledge: • General knowledge of global Client organization.
1. Analytical / Technical Ability to anticipate, visualize, articulate, and solve problems, making decisions that make sense and are based on available information
2. Problem solving Ability to identify and anticipate issues, wide reaching implications to develop and implement effective solutions, taking the initiative to escalate problems/issues and offer new and innovative solutions when needed
3. Organization and Planning Detail oriented with ability to effectively manage time, prioritizing workload to meet changing demands
Apply by creating/using an account