Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Construction Supervisor is responsible for assisting in preparation of field installation subcontract packages; safely direction of subcontractors work using a ZERO accident philosophy.
The Construction Supervisor is responsible for assisting in preparation of field installation subcontract packages; safely direction of subcontractors work using a ZERO accident philosophy; monitoring daily work activities to assure subcontractors are supporting the overall project schedule. Additionally the supervisor will review the project design to identify any potential changes and work with contract personal to review and approve any contract change notices. The Supervisor will ensure the quality of all work performed while identifying construction critical items that may have potential of impacting the work schedule. The supervisor will monitor the project for work rule compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure quality of work performed and identify critical items that may impact the project work schedule.
2. Review project design and identify any potential changes. Review changes with contract personnel for approval of any change notices.
3. Monitor and ensure that contractors’ work is done in a safe and cost effective manner.
4. Assist in preparation of field installation subcontract packages.
5. Monitor all assigned projects for work rule compliance.
6. Review contractor progress and critical path activities through regularly scheduled meetings.
7. Assist with planning and establishing project schedules and following up on actual performance and productivity against estimates.
8. Support Engineering & Project Management efforts to bid, evaluate and award Mechanical and Civil/Structural contract work.
9. Assign duties and responsibilities to contractors and subcontractors and follow work progress on assigned projects.
10. Inspect ongoing work activities to confirm contractor performance to project plans, specifications and monitor/enforce compliance to all regulatory requirements.
In-direct supervision of contractors, subcontractors and assigned personnel.
Frequent contact with the Directors, General Managers, Superintendents and all levels of employees within the Engineering and Construction area.
Direct interface with Contractors, Vendors, Suppliers, and Engineers.
Construction Supervisor should have a minimum of high school education. College degree is preferred but not required and some construction management training is required.
Knowledge of construction codes/standards (AWS,ASME,ASTM,etc.) required.
Previous experience in writing contract scope of work, preparing budget estimates and working with contract administrators is required. Must be able to plan and organize Mechanical and Civil/Structural projects to support department goals.
Must possess strong leadership qualities and have team building skills including outage coordination, planning and scheduling experience. Technical knowledge of mechanical and/or civil structural systems is required as well as contract administrative responsibilities including supervising contractors.
Previous experience with computerized work management systems is also necessary.
Construction Supervisor should have at least 10 to 15 years experience in heavy industrial construction or construction management including 10 years of related or equivalent experience in mechanical and /or civil/structural in a power plant or industrial environment.
Apply by creating/using an account