Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel. Apply basic and some advanced techniques and procedures to assigned projects.
· Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and experiments. Perform detailed analyses and tests. Assist in compiling observations, analyzing data and interpreting results
· Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies
· May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols. May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiment performed
· Perform simple troubleshooting and calibration of instrumentation
· Work with electrical engineers in the design of new electrical equipment, parts, components
· Assemble and test experimental electrical & mechanical parts or make changes according to an engineer's instructions
· Expert level proficiency at soldering and rework of fine pitch surface mount parts.
· Proficient at mechanical assembly and disassembly of sensitive mechanical instruments.
Proficient with proper use of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, arbitrary waveform generators, power supplies, and digital multi-meters.
· Verify analog and digital electronic circuits for multiple micro-controller based system
· Participate in design reviews.
· Assist engineers in design of electronic circuits for micro-controller based electro-mechanical medical devices.
· Assist engineers in design of sensing systems and associated circuits required for sensor operation
· Verification of circuit designs through the use of test equipment and data analysis as needed.
· Documentation of the designs and all procedures and data from tests related to the design.
· Circuit analysis, test, and trouble-shooting.
· Must have excellent documentation practices and be willing and able to follow Baxter’s documentation procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Thorough knowledge of technical concepts
· Strong background in computers, math and electronic designs.
· Detail-oriented and able to think critically about possible solutions to problems.
· Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and layout
· Solid understanding of and capable of debugging electronic printed circuit boards
Ability to work in groups with other engineers.
· Ability to handle multiple task assignments with minimal supervision to ensure customer needs are met.
· Demonstrate skills in test method development, test fixture design and development, data analysis and report writing.
· Ability to perform basic statistical analysis and make recommendations to engineers.
· Demonstrates expertise in particular functional area.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· A.S/A.A.S. Degree in a technical field of study is preferred.
· 5+ years experience in related field.
· Electro-mechanical experience in the area of control circuits and component specification is desired.
· Experience with fine pitch surface mount technology.
· Familiarity with medical device industry practices (GDP, design verification, etc)
· Familiarity with FDA and/or ISO-9000 design requirements is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be:
· Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a laboratory environment regulated by the FDA and many other work rules to prevent damage to the product we manufacture. Some of those work rules include but are not limited to:
Wearing ESD protective equipment at all times while in the lab. Working in close proximity to other employees.
Working in an environment that is temperature and humidity controlled
Apply by creating/using an account