Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
"The primary purpose of the job is to:
The Supplier Diversity Consultant is responsible for assisting in developing engagement strategies for the promotion, growth and further development of our diverse supplier base. Supplier Diversity Consultant shall assist in building and implementing a tactical plan, monitoring plan progress and implementing program improvements as needed. Success will be achieved by collaborating internally with sourcing and business teams, looking for opportunities for existing and new diverse suppliers across all lines of business.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline.
• Support development of supplier diversity business case, program strategy and key initiatives.
• Deliver and manage supplier diversity/procurement plans to facilitate the inclusion, development and utilization of small and diverse businesses.
• Lead operational or other projects in alignment with company, organization unit and department goals and objectives.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to develop supplier diversity goals and execute utilization plans for small and diverse business enterprises.
• Support key procurement functions; such as sourcing, proposal scoring, bidder conferences, supplier certification/qualification processes.
• Monitor, analyze, interpret and report program results and make recommendations to internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist Director Supplier Diversity with building relationships with key local, regional and national advocacy organizations; negotiate productive partnership agreements with mutual benefits.
• Develop and implement strategic plan to increase supplier diversity.
• Work with multi-faceted teams to meet supplier diversity goals.
• Develop and direct training for sourcing teams.
• Develop planning and assessment tools and resources.
• Assess and improve or update policies and procedures.
• Establishes organizational and business unit goals, monitors progress, and supports leadership in recommending and executing action where necessary.
• Develops an awareness and knowledge of various sourcing initiatives, working closely with Sourcing Leads and various business partners to integrate supplier diversity into category and cost savings strategies.
• •Manages supplier diversity inquiries, reviews and responds to mailbox inquiries appropriately.
• Partners with cross functional groups such as Diversity & Inclusion, Human Resources and Corporate Social Responsibility, at all levels, to implement and advance both the supplier diversity and sustainability initiatives.
• Serves as subject matter expert and content leader through the design, development and implementation of global single and multi-brand supplier diversity programs and initiatives.
• Deep experience with operational indirect spend categories.
• Experience managing supply contracts, including complex long-term contracts, short-term transactional agreements and consulting engagements.
• A history of leading high-impact sourcing initiatives.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business requirements and develop/execute tactical & strategic plans to meet business needs.
• The willingness and ability to travel up to 10% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
• A minimum of 7 years of Procurement and/or Operations experience with a record of increased responsibility and/or work complexity within a best practice environment; exposure to supplier management, category spend.
• Excellent organization, prioritization, project management, and problem solving skills.
• Strong research, writing and communication skills.
• High proficiency or mastery of Excel and other Microsoft applications, and strong technical aptitude.
• An eagerness to learn, personable demeanor and demonstrated ability to interact in a team oriented environment across multiple levels of an organization.
• An ability to lead, manage and participate on project teams with shared responsibility for outcomes and decision-making.
• A results oriented and data-driven approach.
• Strong focus on quality and integrity.
• Resourcefulness and creativity.
• The ability to take direction, work independently, and perform detailed work in a high-paced, dynamic environment; handle multiple projects simultaneously; and ensure tasks are completed and deadlines are met as required.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues, and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, superior customer service orientation, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the organization.
• Healthcare industry experience, and an advanced degree and/or consulting experience a plus.
Apply by creating/using an account