Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Climate Corporation is looking for a Senior Cloud Ops Engineer to improve and enhance the security, reliability and availability of microservices running in Amazon AWS. In this role you will get the chance to demonstrate how business/application metrics can be an enabler in enhancing infrastructure functionality, scalability, performance and reliability. Our team has been challenging the status quo of our engineering systems to run more efficiently and deliver higher value.
Our team's challenge is to accelerate The Climate Corporation’s engineering organization’s innovation and research. We build systems that efficiently and reliably make our technical community a better place. We are bringing state of the art technologies such as Docker, microservices and serverless computing into production right now. Your challenge - should you decide to accept it - is to collaborate with us to build this better and secure world for our scientists and engineers.
What you will do:
• Ensure the highest level of uptime and Quality of Service (QoS) for our farmers through operational excellence.
• Be an escalation point for all production issues and partner with App teams to drive incident management process.
• Lead App teams to build reliable, secure and faster microservices.
• Design, deploy and maintain production monitoring systems.
• Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools.
• Evangelize exceptional engineering practices towards ensuring performance, reliability, and measurability at massive scale.
• Bachelor's degree
• Expertise in a Unix/Linux environment
• Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
• 5+ years of solid experience with monitoring, troubleshooting and diagnosing infrastructure systems
• Expertise with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet
• Expertise with any public cloud based provider such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Compute
• Expertise in open source monitoring systems (Prometheus, Sensu), NewRelic and Splunk.
• Expertise with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Docker Containers and scheduling frameworks (e.g Kubernetes, Amazon ECS)
• Experience with Jenkins or other CI/build tools
• Experience with distributed data platforms (e.g. DynamoDB, Hadoop, EMR, Spark, PostGIS, ElasticSearch)
• Experience with any languages (Python, Java, GoLang)
• Maturity, judgement, negotiation/influence, analytical, and leadership skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BS or higher in Computer Science
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
• Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
• A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
• Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
• We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
• Inspire one another
• Innovate in all we do
• Leave a mark on the world
• Find the possible in the impossible
• Be direct and transparent
Apply by creating/using an account