Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Under the supervision of the Admission and Financial Counseling Supervisor, the Admitting Representative is generally assigned a primary work unit, but may rotate or be assigned to any area or site as outlined in the Admitting Department Expectations. The Admitting Representative is responsible for greeting, patient check-in and registration. In specialized areas of the department, there is an activities list or Position Description Addendum that guides the Senior Admitting Worker. The incumbent must understand their role and be able to provide superior customer service and maintain a high degree of professionalism. He or she is required to utilize hospital information systems to help patients and visitors, and to effectively respond to inquiries. The Admitting Representative must comply with all guidelines put forth by the Medical Center Policies and Procedure
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
1. Greet patients and families in a professional and courteous manner
2. Log patients as they check-in and provide information to any patient/family inquiries
3. Collect patient data and verify patient's identity by requesting two piece of identifier as required by HIPAA
5. Responsible for printing of daily next day surgery report from APeX and assemble folders
6. Interviews patients to collect/verify patient demographic information and financial/insurance data.
7. Answers patients' questions regarding the registration and/or admitting process. Refers any clinical queries to the nursing or physician staff.
8. Registers/Admits patients for IP admissions, specialized outpatient services such as (ONB) status, Ambulatory surgery, and outpatient lab.
9. Obtains authorizations for services working with physician's office staff and review organizations as required. Enters authorization data in the registration and insurance verification screens.
10. Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and enters data in the registration and insurance verification screens.
11. Utilize good listening skills, proactively problem solve.
12. Coordinate and arrange for patient Interpreters when needed
13. Demonstrate sensitivity, respect, tact and diplomacy in all interactions
14. Coordinate bed placement in collaboration with Central Patient Placement (CPP)
15. Keep patients/families informed of wait time of bed assignment when high census
16. Collaborate with various departments as applicable and provide individual care for patients with special needs.
17. Provides on-the-job training for new staff.
18. Refers any complex financial arrangements or authorization requirements to the Admitting Department Supervisor.
19. Meets the productivity and accuracy standards of the department.
20. Actively participates in staff meetings to assimilate changes in procedures, new program requirements or training reviews of existing procedures.
21. Updates and maintains own file of procedures, notices of changes, etc. so that related knowledge and skills are always current.
22. Works in all areas of the department as assigned.
23. Willing to work flexible hours, which includes holidays, weekends, overtime and other shifts as assigned depending on operational needs.
24. Comply with the Service Excellence Standards displaying empathy and sensitivity in interactions with patients, families, visitors and other staff.
25. Maintain proficiency with all applicable infection control compliance, health and safety policies and procedures as implemented by the department and/or work unit and the Medical Center.
26. Functions as a resource to other employees in the department.
27. Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor that include, but are not limited to: gathering data, maintaining statistical information, assisting with special projects.
28. Performs other duties as required.
Other Functions and Responsibilities
Apply by creating/using an account