Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Packaging Tech III role is to provide skilled multi-craft maintenance support and services to maintain, troubleshoot, repair and replace facility and operations equipment, components and systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
TECHNICAL AND OPERATIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Provides mechanical, electrical and controls support to the Packaging department as needed; including
troubleshooting, preventative maintenance (PM), changeover, modifications and repair of line equipment.
• Troubleshoots and accomplishes minor program changes in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's).
• Ensures operation of mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following
procedures, diagrams, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions and engineering specifications.
• Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level;
anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Communicates with employees of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
• Work area kept clean and orderly in compliance with all safety, quality and good manufacturing practices.
• Accountable for compliance with OSHA and Client local / Global EHS Policies (i.e. PPE, HAZCOM).
• Participation and timely completion of EHS programs (i.e. behavior safety observations, near miss reporting).
• Accurate and timely completion of inspections, reports and forms to comply with EHS rules and regulations.
• Successfully complete all EHS training (i.e. Hazardous Waste, HAZWOPER) for the employee's safety.
• Participate in EHS internal / external audits and / or regulatory inspections.
• Active participation during incident investigations and promoting of all safety activities / events.
• Accountable for following all Quality, GMPs, good housekeeping, cleaning standards and guidelines.
• Follows work instructions and adheres to the Quality Control Plan and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Consistently demonstrates leadership abilities and works effectively in a team based work environment.
• Trains, documents and certifies new hires, as needed.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are considered essential but are not limited to
only those outlined. The incumbent may perform other functions that may be assigned. Management retains the
discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
PHYSICAL / ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
• Packaging Tech III regularly works an eight (8) hour shift.
• Must be able to work weekends and mandatory overtime as needed.
• Proper use of PPE is always required.
• Frequent lifting of tools and equipment up to 50 lbs. is required.
• Frequent reaching, bending, twisting and turning in performance of duties.
• Walking, standing, climbing stairs and crossovers are common.
• Exposure to noise, heat, dust and fumes.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a team based manufacturing environment.
• Industrial Packaging maintenance preferred.
• Must have some PLC knowledge and troubleshooting capabilities – Allen Bradley experience preferred.
• Must be knowledgeable of preventative maintenance techniques and is able to develop and work PM
crew to improve preventive maintenance programs from vendor manuals.
• Strong mechanical, electrical and reliability maintenance background is desired.
• Demonstrated competency in attention to detail, accuracy, work standards, initiative and managing work.
• Proficient with computers, software and data processing.
• Able to send and receive e-mail in a timely and effective manner.
• Must be able to perform duties with minimal, to no direct supervision.
• Strives for Continuous Learning to keep skills up-to-date.
Candidate Must Haves/ Requirements (non-negotiable):
• Manufacturing environment experience
• Programmable Logic Control knowledge & troubleshooting capabilities
• Strong mechanical, electrical & reliability maintenance background- (80%mechanical & 20% electrical role)
• Ability to work weekends & mandatory OT (on weekends) as needed
• The Tech III role requires solid mechanic knowledge with some PLC experience. Mechanic knowledge could be referenced as: maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment, experience with 3-phase motors, industrial maintenance experience, etc.
• Successful completion of 3 skills tests is necessary to be considered for the role
Apply by creating/using an account