Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is a technical expert with knowledge of the full data warehouse lifecycle. They are responsible for providing expertise on BI projects including dimensional data modeling, ETL, and reporting.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is a technical expert with knowledge of the full data warehouse lifecycle. They are responsible for providing expertise on BI projects including dimensional data modeling, ETL (data Extract, Transform, and Load processes), and reporting. Utilizes appropriate development tools and technologies in keeping with the IT architecture. They collaborate on all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with a focus on the design, development, and implementation phases for BI components of applications. They provide 24x7 application support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops software of moderate complexity based on specifications provided.
2. Implements software packages for which moderate configuration and integration is required; interaction with vendor resources remotely or onsite may be required.
3. Integrates applications with moderately complex interfaces based on specifications provided.
4. Provides 24x7 primary and/or secondary support for one or more applications classified as niche, core, or mission-critical.
5. Supports the request and analysis phases of SDLC by producing required documentation and estimates with review by more senior staff.
6. Executes the design, development, and implementation phases of SDLC by producing the prescribed deliverables with review by more senior staff.
7. Participates on an Application Development and Support team as well as project teams under the direction of their manager, senior team members, or project managers. May function as Technical Lead on small projects.
8. Acquires and maintains knowledge of business areas relevant to projects and application support assignments.
9. Acquires and maintains appropriate technical skills.
Will interact with all levels of team members throughout the TECO Energy companies. Frequently interacts with other IT support groups.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
At least one professional certification in specific job-related disciplines required in addition to the requirements above.
Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
Minimum of six of years of experience in the execution of information systems projects.
• Working knowledge of business software applications and hardware technologies. Stays current with IT industry trends and emerging technologies.
• Good verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Effectively presents information to their team and department as needed.
• Understands project plans and is able to clearly articulate their role, project goals, and timelines. Develops project plans for small projects.
• Comprehends technical design specifications and possesses knowledge of development tools and technologies in support of the Information Technology Architecture. Authors technical design specifications for small projects.
Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
• SQL: Develops queries that use complex joins, nested tables, subqueries, unions
• SQL: Quality checks queries for accuracy and performance and makes effective use of execution plan to make indexes
• MDX: Has learned to modify and can demonstrate modifying mdx queries that were created by the query builder
• SQL: Multistep stored procedures with temp tables
• MDX: Can build some simple expressions with basic math and hierarchies such as percentage of parent
• Develops drilldown/drillthru reports
• Develops basic expressions, Uses shared datasets and ETL.
• Develops Full featured packages including logging, threading, conditionals
• Develops SSIS Expressions
• Develops using SSIS variables
• Designs dimension and fact tables in existing datamarts
• Has learned and can demonstrate how to design small star schema data marts
• Builds small cubes (1-2 measure groups, 4 dimensions)
• Builds hierarchies (user/parent child/ragged)
• Adds dimensions, measure groups and attributes to an existing cube
• Microsoft SQL Server
• SAP Business Warehouse
Apply by creating/using an account