Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Contract Administrator III is responsible for the accurate preparation, negotiation, award, and commercial management of various high dollar, complex and high risk engineering and construction contracts
The Contract Administrator III is responsible for the accurate preparation, negotiation, award, and commercial management of various high dollar, complex and high risk engineering and construction contracts; and engineered equipment contracts for capital and maintenance projects related to electric power generating facilities, electric transmission and distribution facilities and natural gas delivery facilities.
Contract Administrator III completes the primary duties independently and proficiently, and performs the responsibilities below with minimal to no supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts pre-procurement planning to identify the best method(s) for contracting engineered equipment, engineering and construction contracts, required to satisfy project requirements, while safeguarding corporate interests.
2. Assist and advise the project team during the preparation of technical specifications and/or scopes of work by performing reviews and assistance in support of development of such technical specifications and/or scopes of work.
3. Assist and advise the project management team in areas of contractual risk.
4. Prepare appropriate contract pro-formas (including general terms and conditions and commercial terms) for bid solicitation.
5. Knowledgeable of local, regional or national business trends, risk assumption and management issues, and applicable regulatory and legal constraints and requirements.
6. Develops and maintains supplier relations and works with the Supplier Diversity team to successfully include minority business opportunities in purchasing.
7. Lead the bid evaluation process coordinating the commercial evaluation with the technical evaluation. Leads the contract formation/negotiation process in conjunction with business lead, legal, risk, regulatory and other internal stakeholders. Prepare the award recommendation and formalize final agreements and coordinate proper execution.
8. Provide contract administration support during contractor's performance including negotiating change orders, claims and disputes resolution, review invoices for compliance with contract terms, monitor for compliance with contractor lien laws and prepare contract close-out documents.
9. Function as the team liaison with the Legal and Risk Management departments.
10. Along with the project team, perform due diligence of potential new contractors confirming the technical and commercial where-with-all to take on and successfully complete contract requirements.
11. Demonstrates a working knowledge of federal, state and local agency laws, regulations and ordinances that pertain to procurement practices.
12. Lead/participates in cross-functional project teams to identify and recommend improvement solutions to issues relative to supply chain.
13. Seeks continuous improvement in productivity and reduction in procurement costs through advanced procurement methods, programs, processes and continued education.
14. Provides training to procurement team members as needed.
Direct Supervision: N/A
Indirect Supervision: Provides training and guidance to internal business partners on Company procurement policy/procedures as well as acceptable procurement practices.
Preferred: Working knowledge in an ERP or SAP environment.
Required: Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
Minimum six years direct work experience performing the duties and responsibilities of this position related to construction, project engineering, contract management, project management and quantity survey experience.
Required: Demonstrated proficiency in all of the primary duties and responsibilities. Demonstrated advanced competency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to respond to change in a productive manner and effectively execute other tasks assigned.
Travel may be required to Company locations throughout Florida, or to vendor locations in North America, in support of procurement functions.
Apply by creating/using an account