Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role: HealthCare Project Manager
Location: Newark, NJ
Duration: 12 Months +
Client is seeking a IT Project Manager with strong knowledge in healthcare insurance domain, software development life cycle, and project delivery. The Project Manager would lead multiple projects, related with healthcare insurance business, from inception through completion, while adhering to project scope, schedule, quality and budget. The Project Manager must possess strong communication, presentation, and relationship building skills and must be savvy working with both technology and business partners across the organization in a collaborative way.
Note: PMP a plus
What You'll Bring:
Project Management Capabilities:
• At least 3-5 years of working experience as an EPMO Project Manager
• Proficiency in MS-Project, and other MS office suite of products (Power Point, Excel, Word, Visio)
• Very strong communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning skills
• Strong time management, goals setting and task prioritization abilities
• Proficiency in reporting project progress through dashboard presentations, project metrics, trend analysis, executive reporting
• Working experience in EPMO/PMO organization structure and knows project management best practices
Healthcare Insurance Domain and Technical Capabilities:
• Strong working exposure to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Working Experience in implementation of healthcare related projects in one or more area –
• Government and Blues Mandates
• Claims processing
• BPM- Business Process Modeling
• Health Care Reform / Affordable Care Act
• Insurance Exchanges (Private or Public)
• Value-Based Care
• Portal Web Services
• Data Migration
• Data Management
• Governance and Analytics
• Well-developed written, verbal communication, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
• Exhibit excellent judgment and decision making
• Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details
• Ability to work well independently and with a team, self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Is able to apply technical expertise across business or functional areas
How You'll Contribute:
Project Management: Lead one or more projects involving multiple departments across specialty areas that have significant impact on business productivity and operations. Independently manage timelines, resources, budget, staff and implementation efforts. Actively identify, resolve, and escalate project challenges. Manages project scope/requirements changes, multiple and competing demands and priorities determining and conveying impact on budget, time and risk using appropriate fact-based metrics/assumptions. Resolve issues and conflicts, remove barriers, and resolve minor project issues. Act as escalation point for potential conflicts between direction and project constraints
Scope & Change Management: Lead the delivery of projects through the entire development lifecycle. Develop WBS based project plan in MS-Project, identify dependencies, critical path and maintains its sanctity through the project life cycle. Work with the stakeholders on change requests and make sure conflicting priorities are effectively managed within the project boundaries with proper change management process.
Financial Management: Identify the direct and indirect cost, collect effort estimates, non-human cost and prepare project budget. Actively manage, control, and report project budgetary forecasts and variances.
Risk & Issues Management: Proactively identify risks, evaluate them on qualitative and quantitative parameters, and work with the team to define the contingency and mitigation plans. Identify alternative solutions for issues and guide the team towards timely, practical and best possible resolution.
Collaboration: Drive collaboration across teams and departments. Address issues upfront, define alternative solutions, resolve conflict and create lasting, productive partnerships with clients. Provide resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative efforts to project modules.
Project Delivery: Deliver projects on time and within budget. Make changes to project phases as needed to address changes or problems to original project scope. Communicate with senior management regarding project obstacles and make necessary changes to project team makeup and scope in effort to continue progress towards deliverables.
Communication: Convey goals and objectives to project team members in a clear and compelling manner. Produce concise project status reports that articulate project delivery. Ensure that issues and successes are clearly communicated to team members, stakeholders, sponsors and all levels of management. Ensure and promote open communication with the project teams. Tactfully and candidly address situations to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
Apply by creating/using an account