Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Data Platform Engineer
Client mission is centered on developing agricultural solutions for a sustainable future that will include a global population projected to eclipse 9.6 billion by 2050. We approach agriculture holistically, looking across a broad range of solutions from using biotechnology and plant breeding to produce the best possible seeds, to advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics designed to select the best possible crop system for every acre.
Data is the lifeblood of ClientClient collects terabytes of data across all aspects of its operations, from genome sequencing, crop field trials, manufacturing, supply chain, and everything in between. Democratizing this data and making it accessible in real-time across the enterprise is the mission of the Data Platform team.
We are in search of an application engineer/architect to assist in building out our Data Historian platform. This platform will be used to store massive amounts of data in the cloud, and make it accessible for the enterprise.
What you will do:
- Front-end UI development that will be used by our business users
- API development that will be used across the platform
- Building Big Data processing flows that will be used to process large amounts of data coming into the platform
- Build out platform components in AWS
- Building monitoring tools and scripts for the platform
- Continuously refine data platforms to increase robustness and expand capabilities based on current and anticipated needs
Why you should join us:
- Work with other top level talent solving a wide range of complex and unique challenges that have real world impact
- We value the exploration of all relevant technologies to find the best solution for each class of problem
- Our environment values your talent over a role or title. Strength of ideas trumps position on an org chart
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other related field required
- 5-10 years experience building and operating distributed data systems
- Full stack development
- Advanced programming experience in Scala or Java (Scala is preferred)
- Functional programming is a plus
- Experience with programming using Akka
- Programming experience in Python and R is a plus
- Experience in setting up and configuring cloud infrastructure
- Experience in AWS is a plus (EMR, DynamoDB, EC2, etc.)
- Experience with front-end technologies (Play, Angular, etc.)
- Experienced building APIs (Akka Http, Spray, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Sqoop, Presto, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration and build tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of database fundamentals
- Solid systems programming basics (disk, network, operating systems, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal communication capabilities working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
- Remote workers are an option.
- Top skills: AngularJS, Play, Akka, Scala, Elastic Search
- Daily Tasks: Building out addition screens for our platform's UI, as well as the backend APIs to provide data to those new pages.
- Hours: M-F- 8-5pm 40 hours work week (need to be flexible if system issues arise)
- Open to subs.
- Open to candidates who are willing to relocate.
- Will conduct a video phone interview with manager and other team members.
Apply by creating/using an account