Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: Medical Device (MD) Epidemiology Post-Doctoral Fellow – Real World Data Analytics & Research (RWDA&R)
WorkSense has provided outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. Today, we are proud to offer a temporary contract Post-Doctoral Fellow position for a top healthcare company in New Brunswick, NJ
Section I: Position Summary
The Medical Device Epidemiology (MD EPI) organization conducts observational research to support product development, licensing and acquisition, product launch, and post-market safety and value assessments of MD products, and fosters methodological excellence across the sector. The Real World Data Analytics & Research (RWDA&R) team within MD EPI provides analytical capabilities using large administrative, patient-level databases to answer a variety of questions related to safety, product development, health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), and other clinical or commercial activities. These may involve analysis of safety signals, disease burden/progression/ co-morbidities, standard of care, cost/reimbursement patterns, market size, site of care, and clinical/health economic outcomes.
The fellow will partner with MD Operating Companies to formulate and address research questions using a variety of analytical techniques applied to various databases. The person will be responsible for assisting with various projects and initiatives in areas of epidemiology, health economics, outcomes research, and post-market safety surveillance. Examples of specific activities will include managing projects, drafting protocols and analyzing electronic healthcare databases (insurance claims data, hospital billing data, EMRs, registries, etc.) to evaluate disease natural history, safety and effectiveness of treatments using clinical and surrogate endpoints, or benefit-risk questions for specific devices. The fellow will also work closely with colleagues from the Medical Safety Sciences (Client) team within MD EPI which provides analytical capabilities to improve safety surveillance across the Medical Devices sector.
Section II: Principal Duties & Responsibilities
The role will involve participation in various project teams and task forces in addressing issues raised by product teams or regulatory agencies, where it will provide epidemiologic and/or health economic consulting to product teams, generate needed Real World evidence, and/or disseminate scientific information through technical reports or models, presentations, and publications in peer-reviewed literature, as agreed by the team.
This position will also be responsible for the following:
• Participating in various work streams/ task forces to standardize research and analytical processes to improve efficiency and quality of deliverables
• Facilitating access to key healthcare databases and providing core analytics capability for clinicians and researchers across the sector;
• Supporting the Post-market Surveillance Initiative to enhance safety and surveillance activities as part of product lifecycle management;
Section III: Education and/or Experience
• A minimum of a PhD in biostatistics, health services research, epidemiology, health policy, health outcomes research or other related field is required
• Knowledge of healthcare databases, economic and predictive modeling, and other related analytical methodology is required
• The candidate must have a sophisticated understanding and the ability to analyze and interpret quantitative data using statistical software such as SAS, R, etc.
• Experience with writing methods sections of study proposals/ protocols/ or background epidemiologic material on specific disease or therapeutic areas is a must.
• The incumbent must have strong written and verbal communication skill.
Apply by creating/using an account