Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Please note that these are 2 roles, 1 for 2nd shift and 1 for 3rd shift
Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Chicago Bakery, Chicago, IL
Operations supervisors are responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operations in assigned department. Production supervisors have responsibility to achieve productivity, efficiency, customer service, cost, quality, safety objectives through both individual and team contributions. The Operations Supervisor provides direction, leadership, development and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments and continuous improvement initiatives. You will be responsible for the supervision of an hourly workforce, providing direction, leadership and development to your team members.
• Give information and direction to your team to achieve safety, cost, quality, delivery, and morale goals.
• Ensure relevant OSHA regulations are fully complied with, including personal protective equipment, fall protection, forklift and hazard communication requirements.
• Thoroughly investigate all accidents and complete accident report on the date of occurrence.
• Follow and administer Quality Policies and Procedures including food safety, HAACP, POGS, traceability, and production hold investigations.
• Maintain high standards of Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping in the department.
• Drive to achieve the lowest cost. Achieve cost goals for line, shift, and facility.
• Partner with Maintenance Personnel to improve efficiency and up time.
• Ensure that all department employees are properly oriented and trained. Evaluate performance and recommend areas of improvements as appropriate. Accountable for employee's performance management, attendance tracking, training documentation, and coordinating Overtime.
• Lead the development of work practices that promote autonomy and accountability at all levels. Facilitate the accurate assessment of performance and implementation of ideas.
• Develop a positive relationship with department Union Stewards.
• Work across departments including Production, Continuous Improvement, Maintenance, Quality, and Finance in order to ensure process sustainability tools are understood and utilized regularly, with a focus on employee understanding and application of these tools. Prioritize focus to ensure mix, bake, and pack department alignment, driving towards product and process sustainability. Develop and update these process sustainability tools as needed, with an emphasis on enabling process owners to own tools in their respective areas.
• Responsible for establishing ownership of document accuracy on the floor and the process to ensure they are up to date and match team site documents.
• Engage and Coach employees on process sustainability best practices, including home settings, run rules, one point lessons, and deviation forms. Get feedback from employees on the floor on a regular basis to assess understanding and application of best practices. Adjust plans accordingly depending on employee feedback.
• Participate as a member of a focus team and leverage process check information to improve process sustainability.
• Evaluate and assess employees to determine training needs and develop employees to improve their knowledge and application of process sustainability tools (e.g. home settings, run rules, deviation forms, checklists, one point lessons). Establish tools for consistent start-ups in each department, including shutdown, cleaning, pre-startup consistent with our current RTBL home settings.
• Partner with the Continuous Improvement department in order to develop strategic and tactical plan and ensure alignment with annual operational objectives.
• Partner with counterpart in the bakery in order to stay aligned as best practices are established.
• Internal BS/BA 4 year degree and 2 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing required.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends and overtime as needed.
• Proven experience in Lean Six Sigma, coaching and developing teams. Knowledge and application of home settings, run rules, one point lessons, and process checks (or equivalent) required. Leadership of and/or active participation in improvement teams strongly preferred.
• Will be working with approximately 30 Supervisors and 400 Employees in assigned area
• Proficient in written and oral communications skills.
• Demonstrate skills in conflict management and fair management practices.
• Demonstrate ability to lead teams and provide direction.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to influence without authority required.
Apply by creating/using an account