Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Summary: This position requires a strong purchasing execution professional with a background to support the improvements to procurement tactical processes and system excellence, with a detailed knowledge of the full procurement cycle. This department acts in a centralized fashion supporting multiple sites in the assigned region.
This position provides support to Procurement Management for SAP P2P processing, SAP Procurement technical issues and requisitioner training in responsible region.
The position is based in St. Louis, MO and could require minor travel (less than 5%) between other assigned regional sites in the America’s, as needed.
• Purchase order generation - responsible for supporting the creation of clinical trials –related purchase orders in SAP and Oracle (short-term) from requisitions, contract handling, and resolution of price, quality, and/or receiving and delivery issues in the respective invoice handling tools (80% of time)
• Responsible for handling Procurement programs user-training, maintaining physical user training records, transitioning data to learning management systems, user access submissions and approvals. (20% of time)
• Strong process and SAP (mandatory) and Oracle (helpful) system background to ensure ability to support the implementation of best practices and technologies in the assigned region.
• Knowledge of Excel is required
• Background in Procurement with a focus on requisition to pay processes
• Able to influence; develop; and train end-users a solution for procurement system issues.
NATURE AND AREA OF IMPACT:
• Deliver value to the organization with driving process efficiency in the procurement department.
• Supports alignment with IT, Finance, Legal and Compliance.
• Supports the successful P2P and System Process Improvement projects.
• Leverage system opportunities (SAP, Oracle, I-shop, B2B)
• Ability to influence change within a team environment.
• Requires self-confidence and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Highly energetic and engaged team member and implementer of change.
• Ability to train and assist all levels of the organization
• Active external learner - identifies current trends and better ways, and takes advantage of ideas, best practices and solutions developed elsewhere.
• Experience with SAP
• Ability to troubleshoot and learn a wide variety of business systems and tools.
• Experience with executing in the implementation an SAP MM_PUR module is a bonus.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree preferred (Business Operations or Administration preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year of purchasing experience in a mid to large organization - SAP MM_PUR experience mandatory (SRM; MM; FI; WM experience is a plus)
- Certification, best practices learning in organizations such as ISM (C.P.M.); SAP; ASQ (Six Sigma BB) or APICS (CPIM) is a plus.
Additional Technical Requirements: Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Apply by creating/using account