Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location: Princeton, NJ, with some travel to Secaucus, NJ
Duration: Permanent Position (Employment Type – fulltime only (work authorization required) Green card /Citizens only)
Our client is looking to hire Enterprise Systems Engineer/ Linux Systems Engineer
Few More Insights to This position from the manager:
Exp with Unix /Linux is a Must, solaris is good to have
Exp in Storage, backup, VMWare, active directory is also a must
Data center exp is good to have but not a must.
The Enterprise Systems Engineer’s role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and maintenance of server, backup, storage, and other systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, optimizing and documenting all new and existing infrastructure hardware and software.
Develops enterprise system infrastructure by:
• Analyzing system requirements
• Researching available technologies
• Evaluating existing technologies and services, to make recommendations to meet the IT strategic plan
• Understanding a high-availability, high-performance environment and perform work to those standards
• Being accountable for detailed designs based on the committed architecture and standards
Implements enterprise system infrastructure by:
• Installing, configuring and maintaining VMware hosts, Windows and UNIX/Linux servers, Network Appliance NAS/SAN systems, and all other enterprise class hardware and software
• Working with multiple partner resources and project managers to achieve project implementations on time and on budget
• Committing to and meeting project milestones and costs
• Being accountable for the implementation of technology/services architectures and standards.
• Documenting and qualifying all enterprise class system solutions
• Transitioning the solutions to the appropriate team within company
Monitors enterprise system infrastructure by:
• Working with appropriate resources to ensure all aspects of the high-availability, high-performance environment are properly monitored
• Performing daily system monitoring using the appropriate tools
• Verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, and systems
• Reviewing system logs, application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
Back-ups and recovers enterprise systems and data by:
• Designing and implementing an enterprise backup solution
• Reviewing backup logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
• Enforce backup standards and company best practices in concert with other members of the backup team, system administrators and end users
• Investigating, analyzing and resolving failing backups
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by
• Reading, understanding and adhering to organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Assisting in establishing and enforcing departmental standards
• Participating in the modification of company SOPs related to Information Technology Services
Contributes to team effort by
• Exploring new opportunities to add value to organization and departmental processes
• Helping others to achieve results
• Performing other duties as assigned
Maintains Technical Knowledge by
• Attending and participating in applicable company-sponsored training
• Maintaining a strong understanding of Industry trends and applicable technology
• Travel - 0-15%
• Lifting - 0-100lbs.
• Other - Computer work for long periods of time
• Work Schedule – Requires availability to occasionally work unusual hours including evenings and weekends to accommodate Network repairs, upgrades, etc. May require responding to afterhours IT emergencies (i.e. On call)
• Ability to work in group setting and independently; ability to adjust to changing priorities
• Excellent attention and orientation toward meticulous work
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
• Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive attitude
• 5+ years’ experience in a similar role and/or as a systems administrator/engineer required
• Solid OS level knowledge and experience (Windows and Oracle Solaris/Linux Servers).
• Experience in administration of Oracle Sun hardware (CMT and ODA) running Oracle VM and Solaris
• Solid understanding of various software and technology infrastructure such as: MS Windows, VMWare vSphere, Citrix, Cisco ASA, Cisco switches, Active Directory and SAN technologies (NetApp and EMC Isilon) required
• Good working knowledge of network switching and routers
• Experience working with computer software including Word, Excel and Access preferred
• Experience working with clinical trials and/or within pharmaceutical environment preferred
• Working knowledge of the drug development process including knowledge of FDA requirements for technology Infrastructure and Systems Validation preferred
• Proven problem solving abilities
• Mentoring and/or supervisory skills a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent professional experience required.
Feel free to forward my email to your friends/colleagues who might be available.
Thank you for your time and for consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
Integrated Resources Inc.
IT REHAB CLINICAL NURSING
Inc. 5000 – 2007-2014 (8th Year)
Certified MBE I GSA - Schedule 66 I GSA - Schedule 621I I GSA - Schedule 70
Tel: 732-549-2030 Extn. 228
INTEGRATED RESOURCES, INC WINS INAVERO’S 2016 BEST OF STAFFING® CLIENT AND TALENT AWARDS
Apply by creating/using account