Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Development Engineering Technician/Operator
Job Description : Life Sciences division dealing with various equipment for forming, cutting, and inspecting disposable plastic products..
Work closely with Development Engineers to support pilot production operations, including making pilot product, troubleshooting of pilot equipment and process issues, performing equipment maintenance, and updating process documentation.
Time will be divided between…Technician role and Manufacturing Operator role as well as time working with Engineers in lab to assist with building prototypes, assemble equipment and testing.
• Operate pilot polymer forming, cutting, and inspection equipment in a class 10,000 production environment
• Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to Development Engineering
• Assist in the development, assembly, or modification of existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment for new products
• Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements
• Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling, equipment and process revisions.
• Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming pilot manufactured product to determine root cause.
• Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Development Engineering, utilizing various types of electro-mechanical equipment
• Support new product process development through execution of Design of Experiment runs and testing of sample parts
• Ensure proper training of applicable associates on production/assembly/test procedures in line with Safety, Quality, and Productivity objectives
• Proactive identification and resolution of safety hazards and ensuring proper root cause and permanent corrective actions are in place for all near-misses and accidents
• Development of work instructions
Success will be achieved through:
• Attention to detail
• Strong technical problem-solving skills
• Data driven, root cause-focused decision-making skills
• Ability to execute a detailed test plan
• EDUCATION: Associates degree preferred. Must be in a technical discipline -mechanical engineering technician, electrical engineering technician, industrial or manufacturing engineering technician. Recent graduates with experience within these areas will be ideal and will get first review and shortlist.
• Experience: 1-2 years with degree within the stated disciplines or 3+ years without degree.
Plastic experience a PLUS
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Must be able to work with a sense of urgency while maintaining safety & quality standards
• Strong time management skills including the ability to manage several projects at one time
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Open and self-aware, constantly seeking feedback to improve
• Ability to work independently, and complete work on schedule
• Working knowledge of Office computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to use and understand general test equipment including DVM, torque wrenches, force gages, etc.
• Experience in a regulated environment, such as ISO and FDA QSR is a plus
• Experience with six sigma process excellence is a plus
Apply by creating/using an account