Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Scientist I, Translational Sciences
As per hiring manager a Ph.D. is not needed, but someone who is proficient in ligand binding assay development is a must. Ideally this person would have worked in industry or in a research facility developing assays.
***Maximum Bill Rate for this requisition is $80.
The Development Biomarkers and Bioanalytical Sciences group is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join a dynamic team that develops and executes bioanalytical and biomarker strategies for multiple programs across therapeutic areas. Responsibilities include leading scientific research to identify, evaluate, and characterize relevant fluid biomarkers that will provide useful pharmacodynamic and efficacy endpoints in preclinical and clinical settings as well as development, validation and oversight of clinical PK and immunogenicity assays. The successful candidate will be capable of multitasking, setting goals, priorities, and planning timelines. Effective communication and collaboration are crucial. Ability to think critically and a commitment to learning are essential.
- Develop and implement bioanalytical assays (PK and immunogenicity) to support development of large molecule and ASO assets
- Develop biomarker assays for multiple programs across different therapeutic areas and lead clinical execution thereof
- Provide oversight of PK and immunogenicity assay development, validation and interpretation of in-study immunogenicity data for multiple programs from preclinical through post-marketing phases
- Oversee outsourced biomarker and bioanalytical assays at contract research laboratories
- Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external audiences and author related manuscripts
- Evaluate new assay/platform capabilities in house to support bioanalytical and biomarker analysis and provide technical expertise across platforms (e.g. ELISA, qPCR, ISH, IHC, NGS, imaging, flow cytometry)
- Mentor and matrix-manage technical staff
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to deliver clear, concise presentations tailored to different audiences
• Must be a highly flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Ability to quickly absorb new information and develop an understanding of the relevant biology, pathway, MOA, disease indication(s) and develop sound scientific strategies
• Strong desire to learn drug discovery & development, from research through to post-marketing
• Expertise with ligand binding and cell-based assays, utilizing a variety of technology platforms
• Expertise in cellular and biochemical science including molecular biology and protein biochemistry techniques (e.g. real-time PCR, DNA cloning, protein purification, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, enzymatic assays).
Experience managing scientific collaborations and/or outsourced work at contract research organizations is a plus
PhD with at least, (No PhD needed for this project) 1-3 years’ relevant postdoctoral or industry experience
Apply by creating/using account