Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: ROLE SUMMARY
We are seeking a highly motivated and pro-active cancer biologist or immunologist, to support and assist colleagues. The candidate should have experience in the following methods: tissue culture, western blotting, flow cytometry, ELISA, mouse tissue dissociation, and in vitro cytotoxicity screening for evaluation of the activity and safety of pre-clinical drug candidates. In addition to high technical competence, the individual must understand and articulate the principles that underlie technology.
1. Execute experiments to further project goals. Contribute original ideas and participate in project planning and assay trouble shooting.
2. Should be capable of multitasking priorities and demonstrating problem solving skills in the planning and execution of objectives.
3. Interpret and summarize experimental data. Participate in the evaluation of new methods or technologies.
4. Present experimental results and discuss methods at weekly/monthly group meetings.
5. Maintain laboratory notebook in a detailed and descriptive manner. Keep current in entries into the strains and vector databases.
6. Work and communicate closely with other Pearl River colleagues and give support in the laboratory by performing routine laboratory duties that can include preparation of media, stocking of reagents, ordering supplies. The candidate should be able to work independently but also work efficiently as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
• Bachelor's degree and 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience or Master's degree in immunology, cancer cell biology, or related field with is required. Experience in multi-color flow cytometry, cell sorting, ELISA, tissue dissociation, and western blotting technologies are an advantage.
• At least 1 year of laboratory experience in an industrial or academic setting, preferably in an immunology or cancer immunobiology group.
• Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of with sterile tissue culture technique.
• Ability to effectively and positively interact and collaborate with other scientists, both within the group and together with other groups; excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
• Familiarity with standard laboratory methods in immunology, cell biology and ability to work semi-independently, adept at using personal computers – including word processing, spreadsheets, PRISM, PowerPoint and other relevant scientific software, motivated, flexible and willing to learn new skill sets.
• Ability to develop and perform functional immune cell assays and interest in learning and developing new techniques and skills.
• Physical/mental requirements: Sitting, standing, walking, and repetitive procedures, light lifting; ability to analyze data and design experiments and present scientific concepts to colleagues.
• Adherence to all safe work practices and working within defined biosafety requirements.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Client is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Client also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Client is an E-Verify employer.
Client reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Client to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Client intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Client that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government.
Supplier: must have immunology experience
Apply by creating/using account