Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
A Senior Software Engineer
Serves as expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology and in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks.
- analyze problems and program in two or more programming language/platforms
- understand and develop functional and non-functional requirements for a system
- work with multiple programming frameworks and
- develop, test and maintain code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
- integrate systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic and cosume or produce SOAP or REST based services, etc.
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- is proficient at automated testing strategies, including TDD
- understand advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration
- understand Cloud computing concepts and how to build Cloud deployable application
- perform load and performance testing on the application and do regular performance tuning
Bachelors of Arts or Science (Bachelors)
Computer and Information Science
1. Critical Thinking
2. Problem Solving Techniques
3. Strong Communication Skills
1 Senior Software Engineers needed for State of New York & Georgia Medicaid project implementations through April 2018.
Job location is on-site at the Client Office in Glen Allen, VA.
Will accept candidates on an H1B Visa as long as they are employed by your company. No subcontractors please.
Role based competencies:
Experience in developing Java based web applications
Highly Organized – weekly status reports and time reporting
Ability to learn new technologies and frameworks
Ability to collaborate and work with teams
Ability to analyse and troubleshoot issues
Collaborate with teams to identify and understand key information and data assets
Should have strong knowledge of build tools, application servers such as Weblogic/Tomcat
Should have working knowledge of database programming such as SQL.
Should be able to work in Agile and Waterfall based projects
Development using Java frameworks (Spring/Angular/Hibernate)
Build Tools such as Maven, Gradle
Continuous Integration and Deployment tools such as Jenkins
Experience with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment and Source Control Management.
IDE such as Eclipse
Working Knowledge of microservices architecture and Web Services – REST/SOAP/WSDL/JSON
Knowledge of AWS resources and services is a plus
Strong Communication skills
Execution – Ability to develop quality code with limited oversight
3-6 yrs of working experience with Java
Should be proficient in Software Development Lifecycle
Bachelor's degree required
Apply by creating/using account