Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Under the supervision of the Call Center Supervisor and guided by policies and procedures of Ambulatory Services, the Primary Care Patient Navigator delivers concierge level services Primary Care Patient Navigator to patients who are requesting Primary Care at one of Client Medical Center’s Primary Care Facilities. The position includes a variety of marketing and service activities that assist a potential patient to navigate through our extensive and complex healthcare organization. The Primary Care Patient Navigator will describe, promote, and assist the patient in determining which facility would best suit their needs which may include location, availability, etc. S/he is required to understand, learn and be able to assist in all functions of the Call Center, Primary, and Specialty practices to facilitate services to the patient. S/he is required to understand the Medical Group structure and how primary care is contracted with insurances differently than specialty care.
The Primary Care Patient Navigator works closely with the patient and practices to ensure understanding, and assists patient seeking treatment throughout the organization within primary care, any specialty and ancillary services. S/he assists the patient with any and all needs and provides daily management, direction, and coordination for assigned Call Center clinic teams in providing virtual “front-door” services such as: registration, appointment scheduling, MyChart patient portal support, referral assistance & coordination, and providing general information. The Primary Care Patient Navigator is part of a unique team collaborating and coordinating patient services support with Primary Care in Ambulatory Services. Unique understanding and accommodation to and for patients who are members of any of Client Medical Center’s Accountable Care Organizations is required. This position represents the Client Health System’s Primary Care services to the community at large.
Work with Call Center and Practice Managers and staff as appropriate in establishing patient services. Meet with practice leadership regularly along with the Call Center staff to foster a close, collaboration; review metrics, discuss updates to protocols, address issues, communicate changes in the practice or Call Center and make suggestions for improving workflow. The Primary Care Patient Navigator is expected to have a broad overview of the practices served by the Call Center, understand the automated systems used by the practices, and have a good understanding of insurance and health care finance. S/he will be required to adapt to new workflows and policies as it relates to the growth of primary care membership at Client. Incumbent will need to escalate issues to practice management for successful resolution, and must adhere to and exemplify the House and Telephone standards of the Medical Center including AIDET, Service Recovery, and PRIDE standards.
Does not supervise staff
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential Function (Yes/No)
(To be completed by Supervisor)
1. Primary duties of the Primary Care Patient Navigator is to provide detailed information to potential patients about Client Medical Center Primary Care departments’ services including Division of General Internal Medicine, UC Primary Care at Laurel Village, Family Medicine Center at Lakeshore, Client Center for Geriatric Care, Women’s Health Primary Care and Pediatrics Primary Care. An understanding of Executive Health and 360 Positive Health is also required. Must know all service offerings and be able to communicate each to the patient.
2. Facilitation of care between Hospital Discharge, Ambulatory specialty practices, Emergency Department (ED), Screening & Acute Care Clinic and all community contact to facilitate patients with establishing primary care.
3. Ability to create, manage, and update referral queues for Primary Care.
4. Special accommodation for Accountable Care Organization and San Francisco Health Plan patients seeking to establish primary care.
5. Understanding of processes for linking patients to primary care and urgent care to avoid excessive and unnecessary ED visits.
6. Provides feedback to primary care administrators regarding any needed updates to patient literature and/or primary care webpage information.
7. Demonstrates courtesy, common sense and follow through in all telephone communications, maintaining the Medical Center Telephone Standards.
Ensures a professional and helpful working environment by upholding the House Standards as adopted by the Medical Center.
Shares pertinent information and observations with other health team members.
10. S/he is a strong team player, has a dedicated work ethic, and is willing to learn and adapt to new tasks when asked. S/he is comfortable building rapport with patients quickly and is able to work effectively with and without supervision and remain calm and friendly in all interactions with patients.
11. S/he leads by example in the areas of professional appearance, demeanor and body language.
1. Registers and schedules patients using Apex and sends out new patient information to the patient for completion prior their appointment.
2. Has keen awareness of the need to provide prompt and convenient appointment access to patients.
3. Adheres to the provider productivity standards established for the practice and schedules appointments with the appropriate appointment type.
4. Upholds Client policy regarding the maintenance and confidentiality of the medical records
5. Confirms all new patient appointments the day before.
6. Utilizes legacy systems and Apex to retrieve pertinent patient data.
7. Follows practice procedure for follow-up of missed appointments.
8. Processes and completes APeX staff messages from Client Medical Center departments seeking primary care for patients.
9. Records complete demographics, emergency contact information, pharmacy preference and sends out New Patient packets and MyChart activation codes.
10. Sends EMMI video invitations and regularly reviews EMMI video offerings to enhance patient engagement and education.
11. Analyzes clerical and administrative issues. Structures policies and procedures. Gathers and summarizes data. Makes recommendations based upon data.
12. Implements, monitors, and evaluates work flow policies to ensure timelinss and professionalism.
13. Manages work flow modifications in an organized and efficient manner.
14. Provides & receives regular feedback to Assistant Director of Primary Care and primary care practice leadership any changes to recruitment of new patients or workflows associated establishing care at primary care.
15. Other duties as assigned.
LIVING PRIDE STANDARDS
Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the Client Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center’s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs other duties as assigned.
Apply by creating/using account