Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Lead Project Manager/Business Analyst – Fixed Income
Base range: To: $135K, 35% Bonus
Must have strong experience in Fixed Income Products: Solid understanding of various Fixed Income instruments and their analytics, characteristics and benchmarks especially Derivatives is a must.
The Project Management/Business Analysis Group is responsible for supporting various initiatives across Fixed Income with an emphasis on understanding the project(s) requirements from the business perspective and to ensure those requirements are translated into the appropriate functional deliverables. This role liaises with IT and Business Stakeholders in supporting project implementation, documenting and validating system requirements, identifying and recommending solutions for improving existing processes and technology needs that will enable the Business Stakeholders to achieve their goal(s). The group supports the following business areas: Portfolio Management and Analysis, Operations, Compliance, Client Services and Credit Research and Performance Reporting. The group leads/participates in 1) Technology projects 2) Infrastructure upgrades 3) Process Improvements 4) Strategic Business Initiatives. The size and scope of projects may vary from small, tactical requests to large, strategic implementations, technical or non-technical efforts. The team is also responsible for providing general production support for the firm's systems and processes across the various user groups.
· Undergraduate (B.S.) degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or Information Systems is preferred.
· Minimum of 4+ years experience in fixed income within in the financial services industry is required.
· Solid understanding of various Fixed Income instruments and their analytics, characteristics and benchmarks especially Derivatives is a must.
· Practical experience with one or more skill sets: project management & business analysis, quality assurance testing, project management, investment reporting, or other analytical experience in a complex business / systems environment is required.
· Hands-on experience conducting and leading requirements gathering sessions and translating business requirements into functional specifications for development.
· Experience in executing QA efforts from requirements inception to production release, including well rounded testing skills with some understanding of Functional, System, User Acceptance and Regression Testing.
· Proven ability to solve problems based on analyzing, conceptualizing and synthesizing of complex data.
· Strong analytical skill and ability to make independent decisions and develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
· Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills and comfortable working with all levels of an organization's technology and business departments.
· Demonstrated desire and ability to learn quickly and connect the dots, as well as to work with minimal guidance and supervision.
· Must be a self-starter, resourceful; and possess very strong organizational, task management and prioritization skills.
· Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and PowerPoint.
· Hands-on experience in data manipulation and writing SQL queries.
· Basic understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Apply by creating/using an account