Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Overall purpose of role:
The App Developer will design, develop, test, and maintain mobile applications, primarily the client mobile iOS and Android applications. In addition to their core development role, they will also be expected to help manage stakeholders, perform business analysis, project management, and organization of releases.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
· End to end accountability for technical delivery of assigned projects with high volume and quality output.
· Responsible for technical design & development quality of all projects in vertical.
· Ensure projects are advancing the strategic platform defined by Enterprise Architecture.
· To be an acknowledged expert in their technical field with proven experience of the techniques and tools being used across the development lifecycle.
· Demonstrate leadership in the areas of technical solutions implementation of cross platform systems.
· Provide strong communication skills via education and mentoring to team members, business users, and technology colleagues.
Stakeholder management and leadership:
· To work across multiple phases of software development within a project as a team member or dealing with the most technically challenging assignments. This includes:
Decision making and problem solving:
· Highly technical skills required
· Supporting all legacy and new technical platforms
· Review and understand component designs to build knowledge and understand how these fit within an end-to-end system design.
· Control changes to end-to-end system designs to determine impact on applications / products within domain.
· Supporting business SI and expense projects
· Production support for development and remediation
· Risk and Control: All Brokerage Firm colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Brokerage Firm Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
· Bachelor's Degree - 4 year College degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject or experience
· 3+ years of development in Native Mobile Application development environment (iOS/Android), preferably in Agile environment.
· 2+ years with SOAP/ XML/ Ajax/Spring MVC/Web Services experience development.
· 5+ years of strong development experience in Java/Objective C with knowledge of Object-oriented development, HTML, CSS, Java libraries, data structures, collections, Garbage collection, concurrency, thread and Multithreading.
· Experience in Good programming practices, Industry standards
· Knowledge of Sonar, Android Lint, XCTest, Espresso, Jenkins or Maven, GIT.
· Knowledge of Cocoapods, Artifactory, Homebrew
· Experience with data modelling, relational databases, data structures and design
· Agile development experience (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP) using Rally.
· Must have good communication and ability to work independently
· Experience with Service-oriented architecture including SOAP, REST, JSON and/or Thrift.
· Experience in using JSON, XML, XQuery, XML Schema, XSLT and XPath.
· Expertise in one or more of: Objective C/C++, C#, Python, Swift, Perl, etc.
· Expertise in Unit tests, Integration tests and UI tests
Apply by creating/using account