Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Job Description: M-F hours 8-5
This is a position providing computing support to the Corporate Office in Fort Smith, AR, office/campus and staff. The position is responsible for problem determination, problem/incident recording, problem resolution and problem escalation of supported products and services.
These products and services include networks, client/server systems, laptops, desktops, desktop applications software, online software, peripheral devices, and others. The Fort Smith office/campus is the primary support area but other related facilities are also supported.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems. Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases in a timely manner.
• Assist in configuration of desktops, laptops, and peripherals.
• Give assistance to other IS functions (Infrastructure, Applications, etc.) to solve issues.
• Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution of problems in the CSP management database.
• Utilize superior customer service skills.
• Act as a liaison between customers and other internal support staff, when an issue has been escalated to assure accurate problem interpretation.
Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution
• Review and update Help Desk documentation as assigned.
• Review and recommend modifications to procedures with helpdesk manager.
• Perform other Operations/Help Desk duties as required or needed.
An Associate's Degree in Computer related field is highly desired. Those who meet all other requirements with demonstrated experience in the field will be considered.
This position requires less than 3 years of experience as well as the following (unless otherwise noted):
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
• Customer service attitude and team player. Prior customer services experience an advantage.
• Quick learner, detail oriented, results oriented and ability to use good business judgment.
• Strong and conceptual understanding of servers, networks, printer architectures, and applications landscapes in prior work history an advantage.
• Effective verbal & written communication skills.
• Good understanding of local and wide area networks, internet principles and protocols in prior work history an advantage.
• Able to work a flexible schedule including periodic after hours on-call and week-end work.
• Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
• Good self-learning ability, initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
Physical and Mental Requirements of this job:
• Must have good phone and email communication skills.
• Must be able to sit for majority of the day
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment
• Must be able to lift pc equipment up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Apply by creating/using an account
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, uniform service member status, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. This practice extends to all aspects of our employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, firing, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Our organization participates in E-Verify.
EEOC and E-Verify