Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Job Title: Online Communications Specialist
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Pay Rate: $35.70 - $49.90/hr
Hours: 9am-6pm, M-F
Duration: 1-year temp contract assignment
The Online Communications Specialist will help support the Online Communications Supervisor in day-to-day management of content on ups.com.
He/she combines knowledge of current website design/development internet technologies with a good understanding of digital engagement best practices (including content marketing, messaging/design, and SEO).
He/she should also have a Communications/Brand background as well as a Technical background for completing and troubleshooting web-related issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business preferred or equivalent business experience or completion of certificate in graphic design, web design or new media program.
• Maintains Web Pages
• Prioritizes and updates existing web content based on new requests, defects, or enhancements to keep webpages up to date and current.
• Uses JIRA to submit, follow up and complete page design/development requests to our design/dev team, or uses the CMS directly to create jobs and enter/edit content.
• Reviews web pages for errors, bad links, missing files, etc. to make certain UPS is represented accurately to the general public, stakeholders, and competitors.
• Facilitated formatting of images and artwork and other graphics for webpages to present aesthetically pleasing pages to all parties that access these pages.
• Uses technical expertise to coordinate and comply with IT process and security controls (ie: SSL certificate updates, DNS changes, vanity requests, security scans and more).
• Tests new web functions to insure that all users can access the web pages regardless of their software platform.
• Plans and Implements Knowledge Center Web Strategy
• Supports Supervisor when meeting with other communications groups (content team, PR, advertising, sponsorships, marketing, sales, etc.) to determine what content and functionality features are required for best user experience.
• Works with Supervisor to understand both the budgetary constraints and the current technology available to best determine a web strategy that presents a clear, effective message in a cost effective manner.
• Supports Supervisor when meeting with other communications groups to coordinate UPS messages to ensure consistency of meaning across all channels.
• Manages internet development vendors as directed by Supervisor to implement changes within budget and project scope.
• Consults with Brand group to make sure that any changes to website are within brand guidelines.
• Works with content stakeholders to ensure compliance on search-engine optimization best practices are being reviewed in new content requests.
• Maintains knowledge of internet trends to offer latest, relevant technology to website users.
• ANALYZES WEB TRAFFIC
Knowledge and Skills:
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information.
• Identifies the root cause of production conversion issues; resolves implementation issues; designs production conversion plans and schedules and implements technology according to plan; monitors the effectiveness of implementation against design specifics; provides recommendations for making deployment and implementation more efficient.
• Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
• Establishes and manages working relationships with vendors.
• Finalizes terms of contracts, sets expectations, and/or evaluates vendors to ensure products or services meet expectations.
For IMMEDIATE consideration, please email your resume: Jonathan@Staffing-the-Universe.com
To video chat LIVE with me, please click here (download the simple smartphone app) https://zoom.us/j/3707636449
Apply by creating/using an account
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, uniform service member status, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. This practice extends to all aspects of our employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, firing, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Our organization participates in E-Verify.
EEOC and E-Verify