Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: IO is the global leader in providing colocation and cloud services in a data center as a service platform. We partner with all types of enterprises, government agencies and commercial companies. IO has pioneered the next-generation of data center infrastructure technology, which lowers the total cost of data center ownership for enterprises, governments, and service providers. IO technology provides an innovative way to deploy, provision, and optimize data center capacity anywhere in the world based on the needs of businesses, applications, and users. IO operates six data centers across three continents, and owns two of the five largest data centers in the world.
The Critical Facilities Technician I is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment to ensure that IO maintains 100% uptime while maintaining best in class customer service in an always-on data center environment. A Critical Infrastructure Technician I assists with the operational logistics, transportation and asset management of data center devices insuring optimal placement based on space, function, connectivity, and power and cooling allocations. High energy, a strong sense of urgency and dedication to your team, our customers and IO’s vision is required to be a success in this role.
• Monitor and operate IO’s critical power, cooling/environmental, security and support systems and facilities to meet or exceed up-time service levels
• Act as a first responder providing hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, CRAH, CRAK, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building automation systems
• Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment and inspect buildings, grounds, and all equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning operation
• Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
• Perform limited maintenance tasks to include: filter changes, battery system PMs, and Rack PDU & Rack ATS replacements
• Support the safety and cleanliness of the environment and occupants by being proactive in identifying issues you see need resolution, opening tickets for maintenance and taking the needed steps to get it done
• Monitor, resolve and update all Operations-assigned service tickets throughout your daily shift using IO’s ticketing system. This will include, but is not limited to, trouble tickets and customer installations of electrical and physical equipment
• Work closely with vendors, field technicians, and other telecommunications carriers to resolve service issues and improvements
• Identify, research and support process improvement actions related to data center services
• Support Shipping and Receiving with delivery and tracking of packages internally, packaging/unpacking and loading/unloading of deliveries for customers, carriers, vendors or other offices
• Installation and termination of all copper and fiber cross-connects to include gathering requirements, designing, labeling, testing and documentation
• Support Remote Hands – Server Reboots, power cycling equipment, and replacing equipment.
• Rack/Stack/Configure hardware
• Ensure physical security of data center, building, and occupants by maintaining site security protocols, badging requirements and data protection procedures
• Provide general cleaning of the data center environment as needed on a regular basis
• Complete and document daily walk log of physical DC inspections for general health, power, cooling, hazards, etc.
• Remain informed and up-to-date on the policies and procedures in the Service Now knowledge base.
• May be assigned over-time work based on the needs of the business
• Participate in IO’s Bring Your Own Device program and follow the policy that is posted to SharePoint.
• One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a critical operations environment. Data center experience preferred.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Technical (Military/Trade School) training and/or 2+ years relevant experience
• Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in a critical operations environment
• End-user computer support and/or telecom experience preferred
• Able to create a checklist and follow it in order of arrangement without losing track of completed tasks
• Experience managing small-sized projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot a range of technical situations with diverse scope and complexity in a critical operations environment and resolve effectively and efficiently
• Intermediate PC skills with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Understand Basic Math Skills
• Extreme attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team; able to interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally, typed and written. Includes reading, comprehending, and following documentation written in English
• Unquestionable personal integrity and work ethic
• Strong customer service mindset and driven to find resolution
• Able to pass a drug check and background investigation. Security clearance via Government or other agency background check may be required for customer support
• Able to work rotating shifts including graveyard or swing, including holidays, on a regular basis
• Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
• Able to safely climb a 12-foot ladder and reach at arm’s length without losing balance
• Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working with tools or equipment
• Perform physical tasks for the entirety of your shift without becoming overly tired
• Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
• Work in a noisy environment
• Work at depths, such as under raised floors
• Must be able to lift or push 50 lbs. to include standing, bending and kneeling as needed to perform this task
• Able to sit and stand for long periods of time
• Able to type at a keyboard, use a mouse, focus on a computer monitor for long periods of time without causing or exacerbating any injury or medical condition
• Able to squeeze a hand-tool for 20+ repetitions without causing or exacerbating any injury or medical condition
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS SO CLASSIFIED.
Apply by creating/using an account
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, uniform service member status, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. This practice extends to all aspects of our employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, firing, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Our organization participates in E-Verify.
EEOC and E-Verify