Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: I. JOB SUMMARY
The Instructional Designer develops and implements programs to enable learning of employees within business teams across the organization. Works with assigned business teams to understand existing processes, systems and other resources to identify needs. Designs, implements and facilitates programs using online and facilitator-led modalities and works in conjunction with other members of the talent/organizational development team to deliver solutions to ensure success.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicate regularly with stakeholders to ensure talent/organizational development systems and programs meets business needs.
2. Consult with business teams about talent development initiatives and facilitate development activities to achieve the goals of the business team.
3. Design, develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate seminars, workshops or training programs for professional and management/leadership curricula.
4. Maintains programs currently in use, keeping them up-to-date with the most recent information; modifies all exercises, tests, activities, and text affected by updated information.
5. Determine appropriate intervention (leadership coaching; teambuilding, etc.) and training methodology including OJT (On-the-Job Training), eLearning, facilitator-led, simulations, etc.
6. Develop training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials required for delivering effective learning opportunities.
7. Executes all phases of instructional design including analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation for projects of varying complexity.
8. Advises employees and management on appropriate training resources to achieve desired results.
9. Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with business teams.
10. Coordinate with Change Assurance and OE team to ensure training resource efficacy for supported projects.
11. Manage knowledge for supported initiatives and facilitate subject matter expert communication.
12. Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and talent/organizational development practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
13. Stay abreast of developments in the talent/organizational development field and share information with other talent/organizational development professionals.
1. Learning Agile - Actively identifying new areas for own learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. Demonstrating an awareness of own strengths and development needs as well as the impact of own behavior on others; modifying behavior based on self-awareness to improve impact.
2. Collaboration - Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
3. Facilitating Change - Encouraging others to implement better approaches to address problems and opportunities; leading the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
4. Integrity - Honest, ethical and treats sensitive information with great care and maintains trust of business teams and other stakeholders.
5. Technology Savvy - Leveraging one's practical knowledge and understanding of recent technology tools, solutions, and trends to improve work results, solve work problems, and take advantage of new opportunities.
6. Initiative - Eager to take on new challenges and opportunities, taking action to achieve results beyond what is required and being proactive.
7. Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
8. Adaptability and Flexibility - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
9. Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
10. Driving Execution - Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
11. Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Initiating action to ensure that business unit policies and practices leverage the capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse backgrounds, cultures, styles, abilities, and motivation.
12. Self-Control - Maintaining composure and controlling emotions in very difficult and stressful situations.
13. Planning and Organization - Establishing an action/project plan for self and others to complete work efficiently and on time by setting priorities, establishing timelines, and leveraging resources.
IV. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
1. 3 years of experience ore recent education in design and development of group learning activities using adult learning principles, training, instructional design, , talent/organizational development, education, or other closely related area.
2. Bachelor's degree in closely related human resources or educational field of study, or equivalent combination of related experience and education.
3. Proven track record in effectively collaborating with others to develop talent/organizational development programs that achieve results of skill development delivered in a business environment.
4. Experience in analyses of performance problems, delivery of programs to correct problems and improve employees' performance, and analyses of programs' effectiveness.
5. Experience in designing, developing, and implementing instructor-led and online training solutions that improve employee performance.
6. Intermediate knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office suite (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
7. Intermediate knowledge of eLearning content creation systems (i.e. Storyline or Captivate) and training program design.
8. Highly-effective and demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
V. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Master's degree in related field of study.
2. CPLP (Certified Professional in Learning & Performance), CPT (Certified Performance Technologist).
VI. WORKING CONDITIONS
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
Apply by creating/using an account
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, uniform service member status, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. This practice extends to all aspects of our employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, firing, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Our organization participates in E-Verify.
EEOC and E-Verify