Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
R&D Project Analyst
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The position will provide accounting, forecasting, and financial analytical business support for the Brands Science and Technology business unit. This includes monitoring business performance for +$100M R&D project spend and preparation and analysis of actual results vs forecasts.
1. Monitoring business performance responsibilities include updates to quarterly expense projections with R&D project spend & forecast reviews with project management (PM), clinical trial managers (CTM's), and brand teams.
2. Actual results responsibilities include working with CTMs to prepare CRO contract calculations of earned expense to date and preparing journal entries of incremental accruals in compliance with company journal entry policies. Performing close analysis of actual to budget and latest estimate; identifying key drivers of the variance. Preparation of schedules to support external and internal audit reviews and provides support for SOX procedure updates and testing.
3. Preparation and review of R&D project forecast is focused on updating actual results on R&D external project spend, working with CTMs to project clinical forecasts for CRO contracts and coordinating with project management to update the other functional project spend. Drive R&D Project reporting with WBS structure implementation of actuals to forecast and budget with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting with key variance explanations.
4. Ability to perform detail analysis and summarize key insights for business and financial management to support and influence business decisions. Help drive broader understanding of key variances and potential trade-off/prioritization decisions across the teams.
5. Provide business support and advice with the filter of financial accountability and controls.
6. Train non-financial business partners on the specific financial concepts they need to fulfill the fiscal responsibilities of their positions.
7. Loading, reconciling and preparing supporting documentation for the quarterly BPC forecast update.
8 SAP/BPC go live in May with support of system changes, reporting, and training. Implementation of WBS structures and BPC tool for expenses from Hyperion.
8. Integration support with new assets purchased in S&T space.
9. Perform adhoc financial analysis and project work as needed.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree – Accounting Major with Forecast experience
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: PC skills including working knowledge of: SAP, BPC and advanced excel functions.
Customer focused to satisfy needs of division management and corporate.
Strong time management skills and effectively plan and organize workload.
Apply by creating/using an account
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, uniform service member status, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. This practice extends to all aspects of our employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, firing, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Our organization participates in E-Verify.
EEOC and E-Verify