Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Under direct supervision, assists with set-up and general testing of tools. Assist with testing of current experimental, probational and special tools in simulated field conditions. Assembles equipment according to engineering specifications. Assist in operation and maintenance of machinery and test fixtures. Other duties as assigned. Handles special projects, as assigned.
Essential Position Functions
"The Lab Technician processes samples and records results which verify Excalibar's manufacturing processes and Quality Management Systems are in control.
1. Execute the following tests as required on a daily basis according to API Specification: Horiba, Hegman, Gravity, Brightness, Wet Screen, 75 Micrometer and Calcium. Use the prior day's composite samples for these tests. Laboratory glassware must be completely dry before use.
2. Record all lab results on laboratory forms. (All laboratory forms can be located in the Excalibar Minerals Laboratory Manual or on the Powerway Program).
3. Maintain housekeeping in the laboratory and outer office.
4. Maintain all laboratory calibration records.
5. Ship samples to potential clients as requested. Include MSDS sheets and C of A with sample when it is shipped. Schedule shipment with carriers as requested.
6. File all sample requests by customer name.
7. Pick up plant samples.
8. Answer telephones and assist with other office duties as needed. "
"• Laboratory experience preferred but not required
• Able to legally work full time in the United States
• Able to effectively speak, understand, write and read the English language
• Able to work 8-10 hour shifts
• Able to work after hours, weekends and/or holidays (when necessary)
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Able to learn Newpark proprietary software such as Excalibar Lab Reporting Module
• Punctuality, maturity, poise and professionalism
• Able to learn and use Oracle Software
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, computers, internet and email
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization as well as vendors, other professionals, customers and industry professionals in a professional and dignified manner
• Self motivated
• Generates accurate quality work
• Ability to multi-task
The shift is primarily M-F, 8 am – 5pm, but there are occasional evening and weekend assignments/tasks when needed
Apply by creating/using account
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, uniform service member status, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. This practice extends to all aspects of our employment practices, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, firing, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Our organization participates in E-Verify.
EEOC and E-Verify