Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Paladin Consulting is currently hiring a Contributer-Java Software Developer to join our team working onsite at our client's office located in Dallas, TX.
We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Contributer, Java Software Developer
Work Location: Southlake, TX
Duration: 6 month contract with option to hire
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The product suite is a n-tiered client-server based application built using Java, J2EE, Spring, ESB, WebServices, XML and Oracle database technologies. The business layer is implemented using J2EE (EJB, JNDI, JMS, JMX) and GoF Design patterns. The application performs highly memory intensive server side processing touching the limits of max heap sizes for JVMs. Agile development methodology is practiced following iterative development cycles, test-first design, continuous design, continuous integration etc.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under general direction, develops, codes, tests and debugs new complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity. Has excellent understanding of business application. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. May assist in development of software technical documentation. Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions. Designs and codes complex applications using advanced technology; May create optimization programs to resolve problems; May design and build prototype applications.
Education: Bachelor Degree required.
3 years of working experience required in developing and maintaining high quality production software.
- Strong core Java programming skills including thorough working knowledge of Collections.
- Working knowledge of Java concurrent programming ( threads/synchronization), Generics
- Working knowledge of relational DB (Oracle preferred) and SQL.
- Experience with profilers, debuggers, JVM monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Unix/Linux experience at a user level.
- Scripting experience with Bash or Python.
- Good understanding and practical knowledge in applying TDD practices, code refactoring, continuous integration and agile methodology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience with Build tools like Maven, Ant
- Experience with FitNesse or other automated test tools.
- Basic knowledge of XML, Spring, Hibernate, JMS.
- Experience with Code Quality & Metrics tools such as Sonar.
- Familiarity with Java NIO package, Performance tuning and GC techniques.
- Knowledge and interest in new trends in software development, for example : Cloud computing, OSGi, SOA, JPA, JAVA 7 etc
- Good understanding of application servers (JBoss)
- Good knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Application Architecture: Identifies common business components and services that can be leveraged by multiple applications. Engineering Specifications: Understands, interprets and translates engineering requirements into the necessary designs and documentation. Software Design: Understands standard software modeling techniques used to describe system designs; designs components of larger software systems; utilizes existing system components that can be leveraged by multiple applications; understands capabilities of environment. Software Process Knowledge: Knowledge of end to end product life cycle as well as product operational cycle -conception to delivery to ongoing operations. Software Programming: Understands concepts of source code control and how to use tools; translates the design specification into physical code; creates and assembles code modules from existing code repositories; has detailed knowledge of one or more programming languages; uses common development tools for required language, platform, database, middleware and environment. Systems Analysis: Determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes, knowledge of products and system architecture.
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.
Paladin is an EEOC employer. We drug test and background check!
Apply by creating/using account