Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Paladin Consulting is currently hiring a Sr. System Administration to join our team working onsite at our client's office located in Carrollton, TX.
We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Sr. System Administration
Work Location: Carrollton, TX
Duration: Long-term contract
Education/Experience Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Job Description & Responsibilities:
• The Senior Systems Administrator is a critical role within the Conduent Infrastructure team.
• The Senior Systems Administrator must perform both the role of a strategic thought leader able to assess the current state and help define the future state, as well as someone who is a hands-on tactical player able to implement and support all facets of the company's systems.
• The Senior Systems Administrator will plan, design, install, perform configurations, document, maintain, and troubleshoot Server and Storage equipment, and associated tasks that support core systems functions and services.
• A critical component of this role is the ability to act as a, public facing team member partnering with peer department stake holders, gathering business requirements for initiatives, developing a solution set, and executing the tasks to deliver the solution.
• Setup/Configure all backups for the physical and virtual environment utilizing Veritas Backup Exec 16 & Veeam Backup and Replication
• Maintain 400TB of storage for the Infrastructure utilizing various solutions
o Dell EqualLogic iSCSI-based SAN (storage area network)
o Netgear NAS
o SeaGate NAS
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Excellent organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge and work experience of Windows 2008 and 2012 server.
• Strong working knowledge of Exchange 2016
• Strong working experience with AD, DNS, DHCP.
• Strong working knowledge with Hyper-V and VMware.
• Excellent understanding of iSCSI SAN architecture.
• Will support on-site and remote users where needed.
• Communicate with all levels of management orally and in writing.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Provide third level support, which includes centralized problem and service request resolution for customers; appropriate incident management including documenting journals, calls descriptions and solutions.
• Servers as Technical Lead on major application upgrades and optimization efforts.
• Acts as escalation point for service outages for System Administrators and Application Owners.
• Performs Root Cause Analysis on production incidents with goal of identifying long term solutions and enhancements.
• Acts as infrastructure Subject Matter Expert to facilitate planning, analysis, and design efforts of Application Development Teams in support of project work.
• Provides the expertise needed to drive development of long term strategic technology roadmaps.
• Supports Change Management process by acting as infrastructure representative and SME for proposed technical changes.
• Conducts capacity planning for core infrastructure resources including virtual and physical servers, storage, and network.
• Provides input on continual service improvement including process and procedures.
• Investigate industry trends and new technologies, providing guidance and recommendations to management to improve the level of service provided to the business, thru cost reduction and process efficiency.
• Creates and maintains system and application documentation as part of the Configuration and Change Management process.
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes as required.
• Reviews system and application logs, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups as required.
• Defines instructions and guidelines for system maintenance and operations.
• Provide after hours on-call support for mission critical applications as required.
• Outstanding verbal, written and visual presentation skills
• Ability to work independently, establishing strategic objectives, project plans and milestone goals
• Support delivery, installation, and configuration of hardware and software
• Document results, including strengths, issues and lessons learned
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.
Paladin is an EEOC employer. We drug test and background check!
Apply by creating/using an account