Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Paladin Consulting is currently hiring a Staff Accountant to join our team working onsite at our client's office located in West Lake, TX.
We work with companies that offer environments for our employees to contribute, learn, and advance their career. We treat you like you are part of the family.
Job Title: Staff Accountant- Report To: Assistant Controller
Work Location: Westlake, TX
Duration: Direct Hire/Permanent
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience preferred with a minimum of three years related experience with progressive responsibilities.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Our client is looking for a staff accountant who will be responsible for ensuring prompt processing, summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, compiles and assesses financial information. A primary role of this individual includes having the knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding finances and taxation. The right candidate will be a subject matter expert in the area of accounting, having experience with multi-state restaurant.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Solid computer skills including MS Word – particularly mail merge, Excel – develops and maintains spreadsheets and tables. Manage Microsoft outlook; contacts, calendar scheduling, and email. Internet Explorer and search engine
• SFAS rules, previous experience in general accounting
• Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• Must have experience with multi-state restaurants sales tax
• Ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with all levels of employees and clients
• Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
• Resourceful, dependable and accountable
• Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information
• Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
• Prepares and maintains records and files; reconciling accounts
• Must have knowledge in compiling and filing sales tax for multi-state
• Falcon Holdings Management and AK Real Estate financials and full account reporting
• Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information
• Sales tax preparation and management
• Lease management of expirations and amounts
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Cash flow management and projections
• Monitoring and tracking of transfers and CEO's personal accounts
Restaurant industry experience preferred but not required.
Knowledgeable with Great Plains system including MEM preferred but not required
For more information or to view other opportunities, visit us at www.paladininc.com.
Apply by creating/using account