The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the platform that enables cloud-based mobile payments. Be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale technology initiatives.
The role is a self-organized Staff Software Engineer with solid JAVA, J2EE, ECOMMERCE and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code in three to five week sprints. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything.
This position is based in Foster City, CA and will report to the Director of Product Development.
• Engage in technical design of solution that is based on use cases and business requirements
• Complete proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
• Manage the creation of detail design and use case documents
• Engages dev leads and architects (both enterprise and domain) to ensure that overall Enterprise Architecture is inclusive of all stakeholder viewpoints and are vetted to ensure that artifacts supports, reflects, advances and integrates as intended.
• Ensures inclusion of Visa's business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive Visa's business.
• Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred.
• Typically requires 10+ years of experience in application services development for large scale systems
• Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY).
• Experience programming in Java, J2EE
• Solid understanding of database technologies and SQL.
• Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways.
• Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
• Excellent verbal , written and listening communication skills with an ability to develop relationships with key partners
Bachelors Degree *
Relevant Experience *
Must have skills
Must have 10+ years of Java experience. 8+ years of Spring, Hibernate and Web Services experience. Please show in the resume the ability to work with others and have great communication skills to upper management. They will be tested on their coding so have strong coding skills.
Nice to have skills
Experience in payments integration and or online eCommerce shopping is a nice to have but not a must.
Roles and responsibilities
A resource on the team was moved over to another project and they needed to back fill this worker. The team has 5 development and 4-5 on QA. The resouce will be going to work on the token series at Visa. The biggest selling point is they will be working on the latest technology token service out in the market.