Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We are lookin for an FMS Integration/System Tester. The primary role of the Financial Management System (FMS) Integration/System Tester is to test the various work streams, applications or releases that comprise a Web-based financial management system (FMS) from a functional perspective. Functional testing encompasses integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing of the application configuration, application, interface, and integration programs, and batch/reporting jobs. During development and/or after production implementation of a specific work stream/application/release, the Tester will perform the following tasks for a specific set of functionality: 1) analyze requirements, functional designs, technical specifications, and other project artifacts to understand the functionality; 2) write manual and/or automated test cases per the functional requirements; 3) execute manual and/or automated test cases and retests as required; and 4) document and report test results including documenting and reporting defects.
Candidate will be assigned to one of three or more test teams responsible for the functional testing of a specific work stream/application/release during development and/or after production implementation. Each tester will develop test outlines and detailed cases and/or execute test cases or retests for a specific set of functionality for the assigned work stream/application/release. In this capacity, the Integration/System Tester will interact with different company and Vendor staff including business analysts, application architects; developers, configuration management and production support staff.
Under the direct supervision of an FMS Functional Test Lead and per FMS/Project testing standards and guidelines, the Integration/System Tester will perform the following tasks:
• Complete a formal training and ramp-up program developed by the Test Lead for the assigned set of functionality;
• If the application is still in the design phase, work closely with the business analysts to document testable user requirements;
• Attend walkthroughs with functional and technical SMEs to better understand the functional and technical requirements and signs;
• Develop functional test outlines arid detailed test cases per the Test Lead's test plan;
• Determine the appropriate data and system set-up requirements for test execution;
• Design back-end queries for data set-up and verification (082 on the mainframe side and Oracle on the Web-side);
• Identify job flows for mainframe and/or Unix batch/reporting jobs based on technical designs;
• Perform data and system set-up for test execution;
• Execute functional test cases per the Team Lead's test plan and retest as appropriate;
• Update test execution progress in Client ALM tool (as needed);
• Work with technical staff to execute and troubleshoot job flows for functional testing of batch/reporting jobs;
• Document and report on test results;
• Document and report software defects using IBM Rational ClearQuest;
• Assist in training and turning over completed projects to an FMS maintenance team
Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Apply by creating/using account