Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Integration/System Test Lead
• Hands-on, in-depth knowledge of software quality assurance/testing methodology and practices.
• Strong understanding of standard SDLC methodologies.
• Hands-on experience performing system testing for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial management ERP functionality).
• Proficiency running back-end/database queries for data set-up and verification (DB2 on MF and Oracle on the Web-side).
• Proficiency running batch/jobs (MF using JCL and for UNIX using UNIX scripts).
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to plan and manage time based on schedules.
• Problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work overtime or weekends in order to meet target dates.
• Extensive experience leading / supervising a system test team of a minimum of 10 testers.
• Extensive hands-on testing experience (integration, interface, system, regression, and user acceptance testing) with accounting and/or budget ERP Systems (Advantage ERP package software preferred).
• Extensive experience writing test outlines, detailed test case development from requirements and/or design documents for accounting and/or budget ERP Systems.
• Extensive experience hands-on testing of complex applications in Mainframe and Web-based environments (e.g., interfaces/ETL's, integration code, middleware, etc.).
•Extensive experience hands-on testing with industry-standard automated functional and Clear Quest preferred). test and defect tracking tools (QTP/UFT, HPALM and Clear Quest prefered.The primary roles include: 1) ramping up the test team(s) for new applications/releases of new functionality; 2) developing test plans to ensure appropriate test coverage for code releases (i.e., for functional projects, financial business events, change requests, or defect fixes); 3) driving test development and execution to meet the established time frames for each release; 4) maintaining the stability of the existing code base by regression testing functionality impacted by major code fixes and change requests; and 5) establishing and maintaining a testing framework that promotes a repeatable, quality-driven test process for all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Participate in tester hiring and orientation;
• Develop and implement formal training plans for testers to ensure an adequate testing resource pool;
• Develop and implement formal test plans for specific releases;
• Develop and implement formal resource plans for specific releases;
• Develop and/or assist the testers in developing functional test flows and test scripts/cases for releases or on-going maintenance;
• Define, and/or assist the testers in defining of data /system set-up requirements for releases or on-going maintenance;
• Conduct quality reviews during test development (i.e., test cases cover requirements and meet standards for format and content);
• Coordinate and drive test execution (assign tester responsibility, establish completion targets, provide guidance, monitor progress against plan using formal metrics)
• Manage the assigned testing efforts from a project management perspective (prepare status reports, maintain and update metrics, maintain and update the test plan, access risk, and implement corrective action to keep the testing effort on track);
• Coordinate and schedule test support from technical staff (e.g., access/security set-up, running batch jobs, etc.);
• Conduct quality reviews during test execution (i.e., test cases properly executed and documented, failed cases documented and retested appropriately)
• Demonstrate that programs are ready for User Acceptance Testing (i.e., meet user requirements, conform to functional designs/technical specifications, and are free of material defects)
The Lead will also work to establish and maintain an overall testing framework the Lead will:
• Perform quality reviews of the vendor's proposed testing strategies and high level test plans;
• Review integration test results and build/adjust test plans accordingly;
• Recommend appropriate quality assurance/testing roles in every testing stage including unit, integration, functional, system, application/infrastructure security, and user acceptance testing;
• Structure test processes, test tools, and testing work products by:
• Developing/updating testing policies and procedures,
• Implementing automated test tools,
• Developing/updating standardized formats for testing work products such as test plans, scripts, and cases,
• Establishing appropriate test environments,
• Maintaining/updating the existing defect tracking process and system,
• Maintaining/updating the existing metrics model for tracking testing progress and defect density.
The Test lead will be expected to execute the tasks of the Integrated System Tester as necessary during periods of peak test activities as well. These tasks included the authoring of test cases / scripts, execution and documentation of test cases.
Monday - Friday 9-5pm NYC location
Apply by creating/using account