Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess Top Secret w/SCI eligibility
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain Top Secret SCI
Telecommuting Not Allowed
The Security System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration,
operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This
individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the
infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and
related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our
Project Management Methodology and Risk Management as defined by NIST SP 800-39.
• Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major or equivalent job experience
• 5 years system administration experience
• Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a team
Experience with following server types:
o JBOSS Server
o Aphache Web Server
o ESRI ArcGIS
o OpenGeo Server
o Oracle Spatial
o PostgreSQL + PostGIS
o Microsoft Windows Server
o Oracle DB (additional experience a plus)
• Provides technical advice on applying NIST 800-53 security controls to operational applications and
• Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
• Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications per project or
• operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server
• resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
• completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
o Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully
o backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
o Provide Tier I-III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
o Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
o Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization security standards.
o Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of- the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
o Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
o Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle where databases are involved.
o Consults with project teams and end users to ensure database integration with applications.
o Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects for the client and contract managers.
o Responsibilities might require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice with outages.
e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Apply by creating/using account