Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Systems Administrator
Location: Springfield, VA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess Top Secret w/SCI eligibility
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain Top Secret SCI
Telecommuting Not Allowed
The Security System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our Project Management Methodology and Risk Management as defined by NIST SP 800-39.
These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; while supporting operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out solutions.
Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development to production and reoccurring ATO evidence submissions by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
• Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major or equivalent job experience
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft or LINUX
• 5 years system administration experience
• Proven hands-on application of NIST Risk Management Process and security controls
• Understand the application of security standards to application configurations
• Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a team
• Experience with XACTA a plus
• Experience administering C2S
• Experience with projection equipment such as BARCO display wall, augmented and virtual reality systems, Z space, stereoscopic displays, and Zebra 3D display systems
• Collects security relevant data, collates, and applies to required authorization and accreditation documentation
• Provides technical advice on applying NIST 800-53 security controls to operational applications and devices
• Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
• Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization security standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle where databases are involved.
• Consults with project teams and end users to ensure database integration with applications.
• Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects for the client and contract managers.
• Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
Apply by creating/using account