Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Here is the complete Job Description:
Position: Systems Engineer– Jr
Location: Rockville, MD 20857
Duration: 5 year Contract
• Support system operations, maintenance and engineering including the Virtual Infrastructure, server management, support backups and restores, troubleshooting issues, implementing technologies, performing upgrades to systems, deploying new systems, documenting and updating standards/policies/procedures and providing recommendations for enhancement to the computing environment.
• 5 years of experience supporting Servers and Operating system/ Storage systems.
• Experience supporting Windows Server Operating system version 2008 and newer version
• Experience supporting Red Hat Linux and CentOS Linux.
• Ability to isolate LAN connectivity issues for Systems and ability to resolve Layer 1 problems.
• Demonstrated experience with server hardware from Client (ProLiant and C class blade infrastructure
• Hardware management experience (troubleshooting/repairing server hardware, performing RMA's)
• Demonstrated experience using Server Management tools such as Client Systems Insight Manager
• Demonstrated experience performing system backups for servers in a physical and virtual environment
• Demonstrated experience with LTO tape technology, agent based backups, backup schemes, rotation schedules, off-site storage
• Demonstrated experience performing file level restores
• Experience monitoring/resolving/logging backup status
• Advanced experience in Patch Management/analysis using Lumension and/or BigFix, Antivirus Systems Management using Symantec Endpoint Protection.
• Ability to install hardware in IT closets and/or data centers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in patching 600+ Server environment
• Experience in NetBack UPS and Library environment....Snapshots, swap tapes, add tapes, gather tapes for third party pickup. Expert in Need a Backup, Snap Mirror, Heat Patching, Server building Engineer.
• Experience with Net App and SAN technology (building and troubleshooting)
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (build and troubleshooting)
• Experience with SAN technology
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• Demonstrated understanding of medium sized Microsoft Active Directory environment. (minimum 2500 accounts)
• Experience with Active Directory Management, User/Group/Email/Distribution List management, DNS, WINS
• Experience with Citrix XenApp 6.5
• Experience creating DNS entries or WINS entries, in reference to new server builds
• Experience building Linux server ( APPLICATIONS and Databases)
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Systems, Computer Science, engineering or an additional 2 years of experience can substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
Microsoft (MCSA, MCSD, MCSE, or MCITP), Client, or NetApp certification required. Microsoft MCSE 2012 or higher can substitute for 2 years of experience.
Apply by creating/using account